Hey crackberry, now I know that the 8330 doesn't have a sim card and therefore isn't technically unlockable. But I have a friend interested in hopping on the cb bandwagon. He was looking at boost mobile's 8330 and the 60 dollar unlimited plan. I know the limitations boost as a company had, but my real question is, is there anyway to buy an 8330 off say ebay or craigslist and use it on boost. Or does he have to buy the boost branded phone?
    04-29-10 12:55 AM
    04-29-10 01:25 AM
    Google is your best friend.
    04-29-10 01:27 AM
    sorry. im quick to turn to the CB board. I wasnt sure what the process was called.
    04-29-10 01:50 AM
    Yes, flashing is the Key, and it takes the same amount of effort for me to pop up a search on the subject for someone as another might just try the old, tired, "Do a search" routine.

It's not a subject I see a lot of here, so I try at least point in the direction you might want to go. No need to apologize for asking, that's what the forum is for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 01:58 AM
    Hey crackberry, now I know that the 8330 doesn't have a sim card and therefore isn't technically unlockable. But I have a friend interested in hopping on the cb bandwagon. He was looking at boost mobile's 8330 and the 60 dollar unlimited plan. I know the limitations boost as a company had, but my real question is, is there anyway to buy an 8330 off say ebay or craigslist and use it on boost. Or does he have to buy the boost branded phone?
    Need to find a Boost dealer willing to activate a non boost phone on their network. Furthermore a NON Boost Berry will not have full Native services.
    04-29-10 10:20 AM
    Many Sprint phones, including the 8330 and 9630, can be used on Boost Mobile without flashing, since Boost runs on the Sprint 3g network. In fact, you can easily put a Sprint phone on Boost Mobile yourself without using a dealer. The only things you will lose are BB Messenger and push mail, but there are many 3rd party apps to replace them. The best thing to do is go to HowardForums and check out the Boost CDMA forum and you will get any question you have answered there.
    Last edited by hightack; 04-29-10 at 01:19 PM.
    04-29-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD