I have been looking to get my Bell tour unlocked, and when I look at the prices it seems to be $20 to $30 cheaper for the verizon version of the BB tour than it is for the Bell version of the tour. Do the different carriers cause extra difficulty in order for it to be a different price?
    10-13-09 11:43 PM
    Bell, Telus and Sprint are harder to come by. It's all supply and demand.
    10-13-09 11:58 PM
    It also depends on the time frame you are looking to get your phone unlocked. Some unlockers provide turn around within 1-3hrs, some are instant unlocks. All depends
    10-14-09 09:55 AM
    Dezine:

You're right. It is consistently 20-30 bucks higher than the Verizon Tours/Storms. The Bell, Telus and Sprint storms/tours require a little more from our end.

A while back, it took about 1-3 weeks for us to get these codes. There was a huge craze for these unlock codes immediately. Shortly after, new solutions were provided to unlock the Bell, Telus and Sprint Blackberrys within 48 hours. As the demand continues to grow, there are always new solutions that are introduced to us at faster speeds, but our cost remains pretty consistent.

These Blackberrys are what we like to call "new security" blackberrys. The fancy name adds quite a few extra bucks behind each code.
    10-14-09 08:14 PM
    Dezine:

You're right. It is consistently 20-30 bucks higher than the Verizon Tours/Storms. The Bell, Telus and Sprint storms/tours require a little more from our end.

A while back, it took about 1-3 weeks for us to get these codes. There was a huge craze for these unlock codes immediately. Shortly after, new solutions were provided to unlock the Bell, Telus and Sprint Blackberrys within 48 hours. As the demand continues to grow, there are always new solutions that are introduced to us at faster speeds, but our cost remains pretty consistent.

These Blackberrys are what we like to call "new security" blackberrys. The fancy name adds quite a few extra bucks behind each code.
    Thanks for the explanation . I was curious because I have been seeing a lot of the rogers/fido BB codes given away for free (most recently done by cellfservices through twitter ), but wasn't able to get in on that because bell is my carrier. I wasn't sure if I should check for the lowest, online price, if everybody has the same difficulty getting the unlock code (as long as it works ).
    10-14-09 11:56 PM
    Thanks for the explanation . I was curious because I have been seeing a lot of the rogers/fido BB codes given away for free (most recently done by cellfservices through twitter ), but wasn't able to get in on that because bell is my carrier. I wasn't sure if I should check for the lowest, online price, if everybody has the same difficulty getting the unlock code (as long as it works ).
    It depends on how you want to go about it. You can spend your time looking for a marginal difference in the prices on unlock codes if you'd like. Regardless of how much money you spend on the unlock code, the short-term, and long-term savings will be significant.

You can check out our own personal experience of our savings on roaming as well as read a little more on how North American end user's are not taking full advantage of this beautiful service

Cellfservices Wireless Usage and Roaming Survey – Are we ripping ourselves off? « Insider Blog

We also wrote a follow up on that recently which also explains our free giveaway. Hope this helps!
    10-15-09 12:53 AM
    Good question OP!

Personally, and I think I can speak on all unlockers' behalf when I say I wish that the cost of our Bell/Telus codes weren't so high..so we could pass the savings down like we do for the other phones..but thats not the case
    10-16-09 02:34 PM
    Those guys from the source are trying to keep the market price high. I guess they don't want to see people sell the new security code for dirt cheap.
    10-16-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD