I got the MEP code and have unlocked my BB Curve 8310.

I'm a bit new at all the "advanced cell phone" stuffs. Had a couple questions that may seem idiotic, but want to make sure... with unlocking the phone, it will still work with the network you already have correct? And without any roaming where it worked fine before?

Reason I unlocked it. Told AT&T I was traveling out the of the country as what most people do from what I've read. And no, not really traveling persay, however, am wanting to switch phone carriers, since I'm fed up with AT&T, was thinking of going to T-Mobile or some other carrier, and instead of having to ditch this new Curve and get a new one, am unlocking it to switch it to another carrier.
    06-13-08 08:01 PM
    Yes and yes

Welcome to CB
    06-13-08 08:09 PM
    Hehe, thanks and thanks.

And thanks. :-)

Wanted to make sure... already set up (roommate goated me into it) to switch to T-Mobile tomorrow, so guess even if it didn't work with AT&T anymore, no big loss I reckon, rofl.
    06-13-08 08:26 PM
    Hehe, thanks and thanks.

And thanks. :-)

Wanted to make sure... already set up (roommate goated me into it) to switch to T-Mobile tomorrow, so guess even if it didn't work with AT&T anymore, no big loss I reckon, rofl.
    Good deal. You'll find tons of info here.
    Hope you stick around and enjoy your stay.

If you get a chance give this a look at
    06-13-08 08:37 PM
    Read it over... good read, thanks.

Good to know if my phone ever gets FU... errr, NUKED. Yeah, that's it. Q:-)
    Have been reading a good number of posts about phones stuck in reboot cycles... ironic though, I was more than positive that a ball-peen hammer and a dropkick to the chasis was a certain fix for devices that didn't want to cooperate... J/K.
    06-14-08 03:01 PM
    Read it over... good read, thanks.

Good to know if my phone ever gets FU... errr, NUKED. Yeah, that's it. Q:-)
    Have been reading a good number of posts about phones stuck in reboot cycles... ironic though, I was more than positive that a ball-peen hammer and a dropkick to the chasis was a certain fix for devices that didn't want to cooperate... J/K.
    That only works on televisions with rabbit ears (yes I dated myself there)
    Battery pull is our weapon of choice.
    06-14-08 03:10 PM
    Yeah, battery pull is usually the best bet... especially if it's in a skeet-shooting launcher, "PULL!" *blast* j/k

Don't worry about dating yourself, rofl... I grew up doing the bunny-ear dance (adjusting the rabbit ears).
    06-14-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD