I have a blackberry 8330 on the US cellular network that I bought from someone, this person lost the phone at one time and found it, but in the meantime reported it missing to US cellular. When i took it to get it activated, they couldnt with the missing status, will a unlock code fix this? Your probably wondering why i dont ask this person to call and take care of this, well this person is angry with me because i wanted my money back for the phone because it had the watermark inside discolored. I know that it was stupid for me to buy a used phone in the first place so no need to bother reminding me of that.
    11-26-09 04:38 PM
    Unlocking has nothing to with "dirty ESN".

Your phone has a dirty ESN, which means the carrier has flagged the phone for no-activation for many reasons (stolen, fraud, unpaid billed, etc).

Unlocking is reprogramming the phone to work with different carriers, etc.

I would just go back and get the money back.
    11-26-09 04:51 PM
    they refused a refund of course, and theres no way to contact them, so pretty much thats what i get... so no solution to a dirty esn i guess then huh.
    11-26-09 04:55 PM
    As far as refund, threaten to take them to small claim court and then file a police report against them for selling stolen property.
    11-26-09 04:59 PM
    well, thanks everyone for the help, i think i got what i needed.
    11-26-09 05:07 PM
    Sorry it is not unlockable and yes until the real owner claims it as found and then has it cleared with US Cellular you have a nice paper weight.
    11-26-09 10:02 PM
    Why would the real owner help you activate his stolen phone. He will probably call the police on you.
    11-26-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD