When unlocking a AT&T Curve 8310, does the radio need to be turned off prior to starting the unlock? I so do you turn the radio off by going to "manage connections" and selecting "turn all connections off" or is the radio turned off in some other location?

Thanks
    02-26-08 10:45 PM
    Doesn't anyone have any experience with this?
    02-27-08 09:43 AM
    Having some experience with searching would have yielded some instructions for unlocking the phone. In fact, this is a sticky post under the Curve board that you opened to start this new thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...ructions-1292/

A link to the thread would have been visible maybe about an inch from the 'New Thread' button you clicked. Enjoy!
    02-27-08 09:45 AM
    miakeru

Thanks!! I went up and read the thread and it is very helpful. One quick question since I am a new BB user. How do I turn off the radio prior to doing the unlock?

Thanks
    02-27-08 10:17 AM
    Thanks!! I went up and read the thread and it is very helpful. One quick question since I am a new BB user. How do I turn off the radio prior to doing the unlock?
    I don't believe you have to, based on the step-by-step instructions provided not mentioning doing that. Have you tried following them and run into problems?
    02-27-08 10:26 AM
    I have not attempted it as yet as I am still trying to find where to turn off the radio. The AT&T technician who gave me the code and instructins stressed that it was ver important to turn off the radio. I'm new to BB so was just trying to follow his steps precisely.(They are the same as posted EXCEPT for the turning off the radio part.
    02-27-08 10:31 AM
    OK!! I figured out how to turn off the radio, followed the steps and the deed is done. My Curve is now unlocked!!!!
    02-27-08 11:13 AM
    OK!! I figured out how to turn off the radio, followed the steps and the deed is done. My Curve is now unlocked!!!!
    So how do you turn the radio off? Is it 'Manage Connections' and then 'Turn All Connections Off'?

Thanks
    06-04-08 11:01 AM
    So how do you turn the radio off? Is it 'Manage Connections' and then 'Turn All Connections Off'?

Thanks
    Yes, that should do it.
    06-04-08 11:58 AM
    Yes, that should do it.
    Thanks, that seems to have worked. How can I confirm that the phone is now unlocked without trying a different SIM card?
    Last edited by mhilsdon; 06-04-08 at 01:36 PM.
    06-04-08 01:32 PM
    I have not attempted it as yet as I am still trying to find where to turn off the radio. The AT&T technician who gave me the code and instructins stressed that it was ver important to turn off the radio. I'm new to BB so was just trying to follow his steps precisely.(They are the same as posted EXCEPT for the turning off the radio part.

Did you have any problem getting the code from them? Did they ask why you
    needed it?
    Thanks.
    06-04-08 01:57 PM
    Did you have any problem getting the code from them? Did they ask why you
    needed it?
    Thanks.
    Not at all, I sent an email (from the contact us page on ATT.COM/WIRELESS) asking for the unlock code. I told them why I needed - I'm going to London and want to use a local SIM card. They replied in less than 24 hours with the code and full instructions. They were very helpful.
    06-04-08 02:26 PM
    Thanks, that seems to have worked. How can I confirm that the phone is now unlocked without trying a different SIM card?
    Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

Type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Look for Network in the list.

If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.
    06-04-08 02:39 PM
    Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

Type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Look for Network in the list.

If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.
    Thanks, that confirmed it worked.
    06-04-08 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD