I read AT&T's web site concerning unlocking their phones and it said they would only provide the unlock code under "certain circumstances". When calling for an unlock code, what reason have you you used sucessfully to get the unlock code?
    THANKS
    02-25-08 11:16 AM
    You'd probably have the best luck in telling them that you plan to travel internationally and need to use the SIM of another provider with your phone.
    02-25-08 11:17 AM
    I have called up twice and the first time I just told the rep that I wanted the unlock code for my Blackberry and she put me on a 2 minute hold and came back and gave me the unlock code with no questions asked. The second time the rep actually had no clue what I was talking about (or pretended not to) and then when I told I was going to be traveling overseas she finally gave it to me. So if they ask you for a reason just tell them that your going to be traveling outside the country and that you will need to be able to put a local sim card in your phone and they will give it to you no problem.
    02-25-08 12:03 PM
    I don't have AT&T but I called them anyway and didn't bull**** them. I just told them a friend had given me the phone and they sent me the code in a week. They say wait 5-7 days and ask for your email and current phone#.
    Good luck
    02-25-08 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD