I am going to upgrade to the Storm phone, and wanted to give my Blackberry Curve (Verizon) to my girlfriend who currently has T-Mobile. Is this something that can be done? She already has a Blackberry Pearl with T-mobile (if that helps)

Thanks
    03-28-09 01:43 AM
    no, you cant put a cdma phone(verizon) on a gsm carrier(tmo).
    03-28-09 01:53 AM
    unlocking only really has to do with gsm phones.. phones that have a sim card. i.e. your girlfriends pearl could be unlocked from tmo(gsm) and use an att sim card(gsm).
    03-28-09 01:58 AM
    unlocking only really has to do with gsm phones.. phones that have a sim card. i.e. your girlfriends pearl could be unlocked from tmo(gsm) and use an att sim card(gsm).
    that sucks, thanks for the replies
    03-28-09 02:02 AM
    no problem.. good luck. keep your receipt for the storm.
    03-28-09 02:07 AM
    no problem.. good luck. keep your receipt for the storm.
    I know. I've heard the Storm is inferior to the curve, but I'm hoping it will get better when they release new OS's for it. I really want it for the 3g internet!!!
    03-29-09 05:02 PM
    I know. I've heard the Storm is inferior to the curve, but I'm hoping it will get better when they release new OS's for it. I really want it for the 3g internet!!!
    The Storm has beefier system specs and features and is a touchscreen device, that may or may not be considered inferior depending on your opinions on touchscreens. Both devices are already 3G (EVDO) on CDMA carriers. I believe the Storm may be REV A (faster) in comparison to the REV 0 on the Curve.
    03-29-09 05:48 PM
    I think the Storm may been rushed a little bit to get it to the market. Anyway, it's like buying a car. Never buy the first year a new model comes out.
    03-30-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD