Hi, I have an 8310 from AT&T. Next month, I will be traveling to Europe, and will be attending school in the UK.

I have never unlocked a phone before, but I want to unlock my Curve so that when I go, I can start a new plan with Vodafone.

If I were to unlock it now, would anything change on the phone while I am still using it with AT&T, or could I just use ias I normally would until I go on my travels?
    04-03-08 03:53 PM
    Unlocking yur phone will not harm your AT& T service so you can continue to use that until you travel.

Will you be using a pre paid sim card in the UK or do you plan to sign up to a contract?
    04-03-08 03:59 PM
    It would not change anything while still using with AT&T.
    04-03-08 04:01 PM
    Unlocking yur phone will not harm your AT& T service so you can continue to use that until you travel.

Will you be using a pre paid sim card in the UK or do you plan to sign up to a contract?

Since I will be there for a while, I plan to get a contract with Vodefone
    04-03-08 04:06 PM
    I would advise you not to. Go with T Mobile or o2 their BIS packages are the best.

With o2 you can get a simplicity sim with a minimum of 1 month contract and add the Blackberry Internet Service to it. The BIS is for a minimum of 6 months, you get 200mb of data with this.

Vodafone only gives you 6mb - you would have to pay extra for more.

T Mobile gives a larger amount of mb but I am not familiar with their pricing plan.
    04-03-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD