HI. So my friend just recently upgraded her BB. I've been saying that I wanted to get he bb that boost mobile has came out with, but its $250 that i dont have. So long story short, she GAVE me her bb curve 8320 for free (i was so excited). ANYWAYS i've been reading up on how to unlock it and it seems like common sense. EXCEPT! i just called tmobile, told them i was going out of the country and i would need to use my phone overseas (im not going anywhere) she asked me what kind of phone i had and i told her i had the 8300 curve. WELL come to find out, its an 8320.

QUESTION:
    even though i told her it was an 8300 and not an 8320, will it affect the code they give me? Or is the mep code only based off the imei# that i gave her?
    03-12-10 10:52 PM
    You cannot use an 8320 on Boost. They use the CDMA or Iden networks (8330 or 8350i). The 8320 is a GSM device that cannot be used on either CDMA or Iden.
    03-12-10 11:35 PM
    HI. So my friend just recently upgraded her BB. I've been saying that I wanted to get he bb that boost mobile has came out with, but its $250 that i dont have. So long story short, she GAVE me her bb curve 8320 for free (i was so excited). ANYWAYS i've been reading up on how to unlock it and it seems like common sense. EXCEPT! i just called tmobile, told them i was going out of the country and i would need to use my phone overseas (im not going anywhere) she asked me what kind of phone i had and i told her i had the 8300 curve. WELL come to find out, its an 8320.

QUESTION:
    even though i told her it was an 8300 and not an 8320, will it affect the code they give me? Or is the mep code only based off the imei# that i gave her?

Cannot use it on Boost, and with them the unlock code will be obtained by the imei not the model of the device.
    03-13-10 12:49 AM
    now that you have unlocked it, you could probably sell that on eBay for $200 and buy an 8330 from crackberry/marketplace for $70 bucks + an accessories pack from ebay for $25 and you are gold!
    03-13-10 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD