So I woke up this morning and received two messages on my phone that said AT&T added the data plan to it. I understand that it was a law now, but I still completely disagree with it. In some instances, I could have uses for it, but honestly, it's not worth $30/month. As of right now, my phone is locked. If I bought the code to unlock my BB Curve 8310, will AT&T still be able to swipe my SIM card and re-add the data package? Or is there any way possible to keep my locked BB without internet?
    02-28-10 01:44 PM
    if you bought the phone from ATT you have no recourse, it is required to have the BIS plan with it. Unlocking it won't do anything regarding ATT, it just lets you use the phone on another GSM network.
    02-28-10 02:02 PM
    So I woke up this morning and received two messages on my phone that said AT&T added the data plan to it. I understand that it was a law now, but I still completely disagree with it. In some instances, I could have uses for it, but honestly, it's not worth $30/month. As of right now, my phone is locked. If I bought the code to unlock my BB Curve 8310, will AT&T still be able to swipe my SIM card and re-add the data package? Or is there any way possible to keep my locked BB without internet?
    The device is recognized by the imei that it registers when you pop in your sim card into a device.
    03-02-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD