Hey, just unlocked my torch (telus) and the telus banner at the top of the screen was gone, I did a battery pull and banner came back, iis this normal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 11:47 AM
    The telus banner at the top just specifies the network the phone is connected to. So if your service provider is Telus, as long as you're using the Telus network it will say Telus.

Its normal
    04-28-11 11:50 AM
    Makes sense, cool and thanx

04-28-11 12:04 PM
    whatever the service is no matter the carrier of the phone it will be on top of the phone
    04-30-11 08:24 PM
    agree with Unlockingauthoritycom....
    Last edited by unlockcellpro; 07-07-11 at 10:26 AM.
    07-07-11 10:24 AM
    Hey, just unlocked my torch (telus) and the telus banner at the top of the screen was gone, I did a battery pull and banner came back, iis this normal?

Sometimes you will also see the carrier ID with another # where the telus banner is ... Just a network thing.
    07-07-11 11:39 AM
    this is normal,
    the banner just specifies the network you are using.......
    08-22-11 09:57 AM
    ok one more question, selling my blackberry and i wanna make sure that it is unlocked before I sell it. I did the MEPD in the sim card and it does say network disabled, so my question is, took out my sim card and when the phone powers on, it still say telus? Is this normal and is it still unlocked? thanx
    11-03-11 01:23 PM
    Yes it is very normal and once all securities are disabled/inactive then it is unlocked.

UNLOCKED DEVICE
    11-03-11 02:19 PM
    Yes exactly, if all SIM Card securities are disabled/inactive it is unlocked 100%

For your peace of mind you can borrow a simcard from a friend that's with a different network, pop it in the phone and try it.

If it works, the phones unlocked.

But, like fyb and I said if all securities are disabled/inactive it is unlocked for sure.
    (Take a look at the pic he posted above for reference)
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 11-03-11 at 07:23 PM.
    11-03-11 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD