hi guys so i've read through a couple of threads and none have really been what I need to find out.

so I'm getting a blackberry 9780 tomorrow from a friend, and its from Bell. I'm going to get it unlocked right away because I'm on rogers. My question is: once I get it unlocked, and it registers with the Rogers network, will the bell carrier splash screen be replaced with the rogers one?

If not, is there a way to change it? Like, for example, by using the apploader to load an OS on with vendor.xml deleted?

thanks for your help!
    01-04-11 11:40 PM
    No the splash screen will remain Bell and there is no legitimate way to remove it. There are non-legal tool in order to remove it, however on Crackberry we do not encourage or endorse it in any way.

Unlocking it will only allow you to use the phone on Rogers, the splash screen itself is built into the ROM.

Deleting vendor.xml will only allow you to load the an OS meant for another carrier onto a different carrier's device
    zachaway likes this.
    01-04-11 11:44 PM
    ok, good to know. I don't really care about the splash screen I just thought if there was an easy way to change it or if it was automatically done then that was two birds with one stone.

thanks!
    01-04-11 11:52 PM
    Yeah understood also changing some files involved with the splash screen can cause complications and not worth destroying your phone over. lol
    01-04-11 11:53 PM
    true story
    01-05-11 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD