09-16-09 12:29 PM
30 12
tools
    So should I just keep calling ATT until they give me an unlock code? I should just tell them I'm going to europe for a trip right?

Main reason I want it on mt ATT bold is so I can switch from 3G to 2G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 12:36 AM
    So should I just keep calling ATT until they give me an unlock code? I should just tell them I'm going to europe for a trip right?

Main reason I want it on mt ATT bold is so I can switch from 3G to 2G.

The only way to switch between 2g and 3g on an Att bold is by debranding it. Completely different process from unlocking it.

To the poster about his sister in law: if she has an unlocked bold, there is no need for the international plan unless she is on a BES. With the unlocked Bold she could purchase an international SIM card whic would give her a local # to the area she is in and she would be able to surf the web and check email at the same time using it. Would be much cheaper then using the international calling plans that AT and T have.

I use the at and T international data plan for my bes (writing this from China) but for calling home I use my old unlocked curve and a chinese sim card. Instead of paying around 20 cents a min or whatever the cost I pay roughly a cent using the local SIM. A 30 min. International call to my wife only costs me around 3 dollars US.

03-17-09 04:12 AM
    hey crackberry nation. i just won a free unlock code for my Bold from Horizon. Now i know its a good thing to have to go out of the country but i am not planning on traveling anytime soon. so i am wondering what r the pros and cons of unlocking my Bold. i am happy with it as is. i dont want to lose 3g or anything i have now. please help before i mess it up.
    also a big question i have is it possible to lock it again after ive unlocked it?
    Just unlock it and spare us your pros and cons. Simple.
    03-17-09 07:59 AM
    I have a question about this. My sister in law traveled to europe once with her Att Bold. She called ATT and added international calling for 5 bucks a month. They just gave her the unlock code after she joined the international plan. My question is, are my sister in laws results the same as if someone won a free unlock code from Horizon Wireless like the OP here? In other words, the OP's free unlock code allows him free international calling and my sister in law has to pay?

getting an unlock code helps when you dont want to purchase an international plan with your current carrier. For example, in the Philippines, the people there cant afford a voice plan so they depend on "pre paid sim cards" like "pre paid phones" in the US. By having an unlocked phone you can just purchase a "pre paid sim card" in the country you are in and pop it in your phone and use the minutes you bought with it. This is for minutes and i'm not sure this also applies for data. Only setback is you dont get the same number that you have in the US.

Your sister on the other hand called att and said she is traveling overseas and they "talked" her into getting an international plan so she can use her current phone number overseas. They also gave her the code in case she wants to purchase a "pre paid" sim card over in Europe.

So you can get away without paying for an international plan and travel overseas. My family and I travel to the Philippines every couple years and never get a international plan through ATT. Just make sure you have an unlocked phone and sure that the country you are going to sells sim cards so you can use their network instead of ATT
    03-17-09 04:35 PM
    on T-mobile it has a lot of limitations
    09-16-09 12:29 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD