I have a friend that wants to be added onto her brothers family plan, but she had att before....she actually has a 2g iphone...

she can't get back on with att because of financial issues and is trying to go no commitment with the add a line for tmobile.

will tmobile unlock a 2g iphone for her? so she can use it for tmobile?

or will apple not have it lol?

and if tmobile won't do it, do any of you all know where i can point her to get the iphone unlocked? or if it's even possible?
    04-20-09 11:39 AM
    No tmobile will not unlock at ATT iphone.
    04-20-09 04:36 PM
    You have to request the unlock code from ATT. They will give you a resolve date when you call them to get the code. Once that date is reached, you'll receive the code. Once the phone is unlocked you can bring it to a T-Mobile store and use it with our service. One problem that you'll have though is that you'll want to jailbreak that particular phone, which T-Mobile associates normally don't do. Some of them know how to do it and can do a side job for customers, but you have to find that out at your local store.
    04-20-09 06:19 PM
    AT&T will not unlock iphones whether they are 2G or 3G. You can follow the directions here at this link to jailbreak and then unlock the iPhone.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...es-inside.html

Bear
    04-20-09 07:38 PM
    You have to request the unlock code from ATT. They will give you a resolve date when you call them to get the code. Once that date is reached, you'll receive the code. Once the phone is unlocked you can bring it to a T-Mobile store and use it with our service. One problem that you'll have though is that you'll want to jailbreak that particular phone, which T-Mobile associates normally don't do. Some of them know how to do it and can do a side job for customers, but you have to find that out at your local store.
    there is no "unlock code" for the iphone you would have to "software unlock" the phone to get it to work with t-mobile

if the OP has any questions or problems unlocking the iphone i can walk you through it just email me or bbm me i would be more than happy to help, i have unlocked 100's of iphones both 2g and 3g for various wireless stores here in las vegas.... but i will always help a fellow crackberry member in need free of charge lol
    04-21-09 01:39 AM
    there is no "unlock code" for the iphone you would have to "software unlock" the phone to get it to work with t-mobile

if the OP has any questions or problems unlocking the iphone i can walk you through it just email me or bbm me i would be more than happy to help, i have unlocked 100's of iphones both 2g and 3g for various wireless stores here in las vegas.... but i will always help a fellow crackberry member in need free of charge lol
    I was making a general statement. That's why I stated it would have to be jailbroken in order for it to work on T-Mobile service.
    04-21-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD