About 7 out of 10 times when i unlock my 8330 it brings me to the profile screen asking how i want the ring set, and then when i hit back the outer edges of the screen are just blank until i go to another screen. any solution (also im new, so if u say something advanced walk me through it0
    06-24-08 03:42 PM
    I assume that yo uare using either the Today or Zen theme (Options, Themes to check).

This is a feature, not a bug . From the Home screen - the one with fewer icons, if you scroll up and down, the scroll bar moves. Now flick the trackball to the right. This brings you to the Profiles screen. This is supposed to happen so you can switch Profiles rapidly.

If other things are happening, then something else is wrong.
    06-24-08 03:48 PM
    Not trying to hijack your thread. Is there anyway to program the profile app to the volume keys on the side of the phone?
    06-24-08 03:57 PM
    Not trying to hijack your thread. Is there anyway to program the profile app to the volume keys on the side of the phone?
    No, and you are not the first to ask this. It would have been such an obvious thing to have done.
    06-24-08 04:00 PM
    I assume that yo uare using either the Today or Zen theme (Options, Themes to check).

This is a feature, not a bug . From the Home screen - the one with fewer icons, if you scroll up and down, the scroll bar moves. Now flick the trackball to the right. This brings you to the Profiles screen. This is supposed to happen so you can switch Profiles rapidly.

If other things are happening, then something else is wrong.
    well, im not using those themes. using the verizon one...any one know?
    06-24-08 04:22 PM
    does anyone have a solution to the original query? I have the similar problem where a few times when I unlock the phone, I see the profiles screen. my profiles is currently set to "verizon" ( not "zen" or "today")

Please advise.
    07-29-08 11:02 AM
    I've had my Verizon BBerry Curve for three days or so and, having undergone all the profound life changes of every new user, I've also been experiencing this issue. Most of the time, when I unlock my keyboard, I get the "profiles" screen, rather than going straight to my menu, which I want. I've seen enough posts about it here on the forums -- at least two or three -- that it appears to be common to other Curve users. Anybody know if RIM knows about it and has a recommendation?
    09-09-08 09:13 PM
    I am also having this issue. I have posted a few messeges on other posts and have not gotten an answer. Does anyone have an answer?
    11-12-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD