I just moved to Israel 2 weeks ago. I have a BB storm from Verizon with their Global unlimited data plan. Instead of paying for a new phone here I opted to use my BB with a sim card. I couldn't get it to work for the first 2 days then called verizon and they unlocked it for me. It still wouldn't work after that. I finally took it to a technician here and he switched the connection from Global to GSM. So now it works but whenever I call out it says "call forwarding- conditional". What does this mean? I hope I am not getting charged for international calls. Also I have problems when I dial a local # from my contact list but it works just fine when punched in manually. There is a little message indicator at the top of my screen I have never seen before and cannot find out what it is. It looks like a line with a circle at both ends.

Thanks
    01-21-10 05:08 AM
    Moving to BB Unlocking
    01-21-10 09:25 AM
    Not sure about your Sim issue, but the line with circles at each end is the icon to notify you that you have a voice mail recorded or saved.
    01-21-10 09:46 AM
    Did you try it with another Israeli SIM? No way you get charged by Verizon if your phone is on the GSM side and you're not using their Verizon-Vodafone SIM card.
    01-21-10 12:39 PM
    You wouldn't be getting charged unless you've forwarded your calls to the israel number. Best way to find out is to call your north american number with another phone. If your Israel phone rings, you're in trouble. If not, don't worry about it
    01-21-10 04:24 PM
    BIG TROUBLE if it does lol.
    01-21-10 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD