Hi

I received by blackberry Z30 last Thursday. I got a micro sim and put a data plan on my phone. The phone is working but not getting access to the data plan.

Someone suggested that I need to unlocked the phone. I carried the phone by the shop that I went before to unlocked my blackberry 9850

I dropped the phone on Monday, i still have not received my phone because they are still trying to unlocked the Z30

I live in Trinidad and Tobago , Blackberry Z30 is coming in few weeks

I am the few people in the country who has Z30

Is it difficult to unlocked Z30?
    03-14-14 12:38 AM
    It shouldn't be difficult once you get an unlock code.
    03-15-14 11:44 AM
    Let the shop use Cellularunlock.net and they will provide the code for you. I ha e used them with z30s and had no issues. Feel free to inbox be with any assistance you may need on this.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:14 PM
    Oh.. on second thought. I sent a Z10 to Trinidad recently and there were issues with accessing the data. The person was moving from a 9900 and when she transferred over to the Z10 there was no data accessibility. As long as the phone is working that means that unlocking is NOT required since a LOCKED phone won't accept your local sim.
    I would check again with the network whether it be BMOBILE or Digicel. The problem is with the specific data plan selected. I can say for sure my friend had to select a 5GB data plan and her Z10 was off and running smoothly but the exact network she's on I can't remember. If you like I can get all the details for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:24 PM
    If your phone is working but not the data maybe you only need to input the correct APN settings in your phone.

Does it show unlock on all 3 when you go to Settings>Security &Privacy>SIM Card in the phone unlock section? if yes your phone is unlocked. Or do you have a bar showing Network Unlock? Your phone is locked.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:27 PM
    If your phone is working but not the data maybe you only need to input the correct APN settings in your phone.

Does it show unlock on all 3 when you go to Settings>Security &Privacy>SIM Card in the phone unlock section? if yes your phone is unlocked. Or do you have a bar showing Network Unlock? Your phone is locked.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely an unlocked phone for sure. Hopefully he/she won't have to pay an arm and a leg to unlock a phone that's already unlocked. It's something with the networks down there. If they were just to get an ordinary data plan it will work fine but issues arise when you move from the so called BlackBerry plan they have in some places still.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:32 PM
    OK my friend just got back to me. Says it's definitely a network issue. She had to change the data plan in order to have access. With Digicel by the way.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:46 PM
    Has this been resolved yet?
    03-17-14 08:46 AM
    I got my phone unlocked but I was on a BIS plan from my 9360. I can do sms and calls but no data. The problem was just that I have to switch to a regular data and scrap the BIS. Maybe you are having the same problem.

via Q10
    03-17-14 08:51 AM
    Oh.. on second thought. I sent a Z10 to Trinidad recently and there were issues with accessing the data. The person was moving from a 9900 and when she transferred over to the Z10 there was no data accessibility. As long as the phone is working that means that unlocking is NOT required since a LOCKED phone won't accept your local sim.
    I would check again with the network whether it be BMOBILE or Digicel. The problem is with the specific data plan selected. I can say for sure my friend had to select a 5GB data plan and her Z10 was off and running smoothly but the exact network she's on I can't remember. If you like I can get all the details for you.

Posted via CB10
    Oh Thanks I am with Digicel
    03-17-14 11:44 AM
    Called the guy today . He said that to give 2 more days he is waiting on the code

only had my phone for 3 days
    03-17-14 11:46 AM
    Nope. Still waiting on phone
    so not cool

My sister has theory that the guys are having fun with my phone

03-17-14 12:08 PM
    Okay, I received phone, it was still partially locked. Thank you so much for the suggestions

Really glad I got the phone

Yay

I really appreciate all the advice

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 12:43 PM
    Partially locked?
    03-19-14 11:13 PM
    I got my phone unlocked but I was on a BIS plan from my 9360. I can do sms and calls but no data. The problem was just that I have to switch to a regular data and scrap the BIS. Maybe you are having the same problem.

via Q10
    Funny I'm running my Z10 on an old BB plan so I can swap my SIM into my 9360 and I have never had an issue with my Z10
    03-19-14 11:16 PM