Hi!

I recently bought an 8320 T-mobile curve and asked 2 different online services to help me unlock it. These guys were both very reputable and had done many unlocks before. However, they are both having the same problem. Apparently, there is some sort of delay right now and T-mobile can NOT unlock the phones for us!

ARG! All I have is a paperweight right now... I seriously need to unlock this thing. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!
    02-06-08 11:23 AM
    Sorry, but about two weeks ago a large amount of devices (not just BlackBerry's) were stolen from a T-Mobile warehouse (you can check this online).

I believe since then they have slowed down giving out codes to 'unlocking companies'...

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of IMEI's that will be locked, permanently. I'm not saying yours, I'm just saying...
    02-06-08 11:26 AM
    Wow... that is really bad news. What would you recommend that I do?
    02-06-08 11:44 AM
    Sorry, but about two weeks ago a large amount of devices (not just BlackBerry's) were stolen from a T-Mobile warehouse (you can check this online).

I believe since then they have slowed down giving out codes to 'unlocking companies'...

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of IMEI's that will be locked, permanently. I'm not saying yours, I'm just saying...
    Do you have a link for this I can not find it.
    06-20-08 09:06 AM
    @ThreeFive!

That explains some of the problem you are having bud

That is a shame

Do you have a link for a news story... this means there will be a lotta shady devices being sold now, so you will have to watch out. Kinda sucks!! Did they recover any of them... or what??

And is that a reason why you cannot get the TMo Curve Titanium right now online... since it says it is 'temporarily outta stock'

Article Link 1

Article Link 2
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-20-08 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Links
    06-20-08 09:12 AM
    I am wondering if that why it is taking so long on unlocking the 8320?
    06-20-08 09:25 AM
    I am wondering if that why it is taking so long on unlocking the 8320?
    Yeah... that is what I was referring to ^ ^ ^

I hope you can get it all figure out... the thing is, this supposedly happened all the way back in January. It has been 5 months since this happened. Do you think they would seriously still be this strict about it?!
    06-20-08 09:30 AM
    Wow... that is really bad news. What would you recommend that I do?
    I had the same problem with my 8320 but eventually it was unlocked using a Universal SIM. You can search google using "unlock 8320 universal sim sebski" to get to my blog for more info.

I hope this helps.
    08-12-08 10:21 PM
    I had the same problem with my 8320 but eventually it was unlocked using a Universal SIM. You can search google using "unlock 8320 universal sim sebski" to get to my blog for more info.

I hope this helps.
    This happened long ago... I am sure it is not an issue any more
    08-12-08 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD