hi im new to this so i need a little help! well i had att and i switched over to t-mobile but my blackberry 8900 is locked to i took it to a cell store and they told me when they unlocked it i can loose memory and my phone might not work properly is this true? or they just wanted to charge me more to do this?
    12-14-09 01:40 PM
    Untrue... mine is unlocked, but it's a T-Mobile phone on T-Mobile... however an AT&T 8900 will have limitations on T-Mobile... No UMA calling: no calls over Wifi - it's not free, but you can get phone reception in locations that you might not except that they have a Wireless Router.
    12-14-09 01:50 PM
    Not true. Don't take it to a store just buy an unlock code from an online retailer or ebay. They should respond within minutes.
    12-14-09 03:26 PM
    They will not do it in a store. Have to call CS
    12-14-09 03:44 PM
    That is very untrue when I had a unlocked pearl from tmobile and changed back to at&t about 2 years ago they told me just about the same except that 3rd party apps may not work or perform correctly. But it was not true the phone worked perfectly fine as if it was on tmobile. Get unlocked from a site or ebay many places offer codes within 24 hours of purchase or call customer service and ask for the code
    12-14-09 04:43 PM
    You don't lose anything by unlocking it. Everything is safe. Let us know if you need it unlocked.
    12-14-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD