I bought storm at USA from verizon, unlocked it myself by buying code from ebay, straight after unlocking I lost my browser and as I understand "serivce books".(I cannot acces internet).Everything else works great. I spent lot of time googling to find solution for my problem, but the thing is like 99% of posts is how to get those "service books" are for T-mobile or ATT users, and im using other GSM carrier. So I would like to know if there are any programs or something that could actually make internet work with my GSM carrier

Thank you in advance.
    03-08-10 03:10 PM
    I think it will be helpful if you name the carrier that you are with.
    03-08-10 03:14 PM
    cant help you on this,,,never had this problem
    03-08-10 03:17 PM
    I think it will be helpful if you name the carrier that you are with.
    its "Bite" but I dont think it means you anything. I was trying to contact my carrier to ask them about this but BB is not well known in my country so they couldnt help me.
    03-08-10 03:19 PM
    If your carrier has BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), all you have to do is subscribe to it with your plan and you should be able to register and everything will come back. If they do not, unfortunately there's not too much you can do. The phone will be perfect for SMS and calling but won't have the access to things like the browser, BlackBerry messenger and push e-mail.

I see that on the website (if it is from Latvia) that they do offer some BlackBerries (not the Storm), so they might have some kind of plan. Do you know anyone with one already?
    Last edited by cdowner; 03-08-10 at 04:05 PM.
    03-08-10 03:48 PM
    If your carrier has BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), all you have to do is subscribe to it with your plan and you should be able to register and everything will come back. If they do not, unfortunately there's not too much you can do. The phone will be perfect for SMS and calling but won't have the access to things like the browser, BlackBerry messenger and push e-mail.

I see that on the website (if it is from Latvia) that they do offer some BlackBerries (not the Storm), so they might have some kind of plan. Do you know anyone with one already?
    You were pretty close its from Lithuania, and yes they do sell some BB here but they dont sell storm. And I dont know anyone who has BB or actually know something about it.
    03-08-10 04:14 PM
    I Googled and checked the first link I got

I would say if you did, the user that wrote those guides for AT&T and T-Mobile, ptaylor, could tell you how to get service books from another BlackBerry and use them in your own phone.

on Bite Lithuania, I found BITĖ - BlackBerry® Maybe that can help point you to how to sign up for a BlackBerry plan.
    03-08-10 04:20 PM
    I bought storm at USA from verizon, unlocked it myself by buying code from ebay, straight after unlocking I lost my browser and as I understand "serivce books".(I cannot acces internet).Everything else works great. I spent lot of time googling to find solution for my problem, but the thing is like 99% of posts is how to get those "service books" are for T-mobile or ATT users, and im using other GSM carrier. So I would like to know if there are any programs or something that could actually make internet work with my GSM carrier

Thank you in advance.
    then you follow same directions and get service books from your carrier no rocket science to it.
    03-08-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD