Hi

I just got my code to unlock my BB 9630 from sprint but for some reason when I get to the step where I have to input MEP "alt" 2 nothing happens. No screen or dialog box is provided to input the MEP code that i purchased from a third party. I have noticed from various videos in YouTube that the screen after entering MEPD shows the network as active before unlocking. On mine it shows as disabled as all other 4 alternatives that also say disabled. Does this have something to do with?

Is there any other way to get the dialog box to enter the provided MEP code that I purchased?

Thanks
    12-25-10 07:05 PM
    Hi

I just got my code to unlock my BB 9630 from sprint but for some reason when I get to the step where I have to input MEP "alt" 2 nothing happens. No screen or dialog box is provided to input the MEP code that i purchased from a third party. I have noticed from various videos in YouTube that the screen after entering MEPD shows the network as active before unlocking. On mine it shows as disabled as all other 4 alternatives that also say disabled. Does this have something to do with?

Is there any other way to get the dialog box to enter the provided MEP code that I purchased?

Thanks
    I don't know the Company you got your unlock code from but they are all the same as was mine when I got mine from a 3rd party that I actually won on CB so follow these instructions and you will be fine.

Blackberry 9700 (Bell & Telus 9700 see below) Bold 9000 Bold 9650 9630 Tour 8900 Javelin 8520 Curve 8800 8820 8300 8310 8320 Curve Unlock Code Entry Instructions
    How to Enter Unlock Codes:
    ***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
    2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
    3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP [ALT] 2)
    5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received from CellUnlock.net and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
    6. Your phone is now unlocked

Good luck and let me know how you did. If it works justthank me for it on the thread.

PS Your Network should be active and all the others including the SIM should say Disabled.

Just make sure you type MEP(does not have to be caps) and right away "ALT" and then hit the "ALT" and caps button to get to the numbers to hit number 2... The box will pop right up to enter the unlock code.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-25-10 at 07:24 PM.
    hectoval and slinky317 like this.
    12-25-10 07:14 PM
    The Tour 9630 is a world phone. So you should have no need to unlock it. Put a sim card in and you should be able to change the network settings to run on any network of the sim card you entered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hectoval likes this.
    12-25-10 08:39 PM
    You need to check if it is unlocked before purchasing a code. The early generation of the 9630's from sprint were locked and then Sprint release them as unlocked.
    12-25-10 09:08 PM
    Hi

Thanks
    I hate to say this but the other 2 posts are kind of misleading... YES sprint did start unlocking their Tours after sometime but how can you purchase a code if you see if the phone is unlocked, then there would be no need unless this poster is getting at that and then he is right.

Presuming your phone is not unlocked then just follow the instructions I gave you and you will be fine. I don't know what network you are on??
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-29-10 at 08:57 AM.
    hectoval likes this.
    12-26-10 11:23 AM
    You need to check if it is unlocked before purchasing a code. The early generation of the 9630's from sprint were locked and then Sprint release them as unlocked.
    The OP said they already purchased the code and they are trying to bring up the box to enter it.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-26-10 at 11:29 AM.
    12-26-10 11:24 AM
    The Tour 9630 is a world phone. So you should have no need to unlock it. Put a sim card in and you should be able to change the network settings to run on any network of the sim card you entered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    By default depending on your Carrier( mine is VZW) Your SIM card is disabled and although a world phone your SIM had to be enabled and working and you have to contact your carrier for that. Even when you goto Options> Advanced Options> SIM Card and open it it will say Disabled and you can only enable Security on it which you need a PIN number from your carrier and have 3 chances to get it right.

If a SIM card is not activated no matter where it is from it will not work on another carrier unless enabled and your phone is unlocked.
    12-26-10 11:37 AM
    The day a posted the thread I called sprint and the unlocked the phone on their system. I decided to post the thread since that didn't solve the problem that day and ended buying the code for $8.00 from a third party. I gave it a break for a couple of days and today I just inserted my SIM card from ATT and worked perfectly without entering any code. I figure that it took some time for the sprint system unlocking the phone.

Thanks for all your help.... Happy holidays....
    12-29-10 07:42 AM
    Your welcome but it has nothing to do with the sprint system to unlock the phone.
    12-29-10 07:47 AM
    The day a posted the thread I called sprint and the unlocked the phone on their system. I decided to post the thread since that didn't solve the problem that day and ended buying the code for $8.00 from a third party. I gave it a break for a couple of days and today I just inserted my SIM card from ATT and worked perfectly without entering any code. I figure that it took some time for the sprint system unlocking the phone.

Thanks for all your help.... Happy holidays....
    You are welcome and glad to hear all worked on your end between Sprint and at&t.

Happy Holidays to you as well.
    12-29-10 09:12 AM
    Your welcome but it has nothing to do with the sprint system to unlock the phone.
    Either Sprint or any carrier can elect to unlock their own phone out of the box or you calling and asking along with activating a SIM card on a GSM network....OR a company like yours 3rd party that seems to be your tag line in your sig.
    12-29-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD