Is there any way to prevent the Torch from unlocking when it's removed from the holster?

I use the lock button on the Torch to lock the phone before I insert it into its holster (to prevent inadvertent screen clicks, etc.). But, when I pull the phone out of its holster, the phone automatically unlocks and I end up in with random applications starting due to me touching the screen, etc. while I'm pulling it out.

What I'd like to see is the Torch STAYING locked until I physically (purposefully) unlock it.

Yeah, I know about Patternlock but I don't want to use that app. All I want is for the Torch to stay locked until I unlock it.

Any ideas?
    archigirl likes this.
    03-16-11 09:48 AM
    you can set a password on the device options > security > password
    1. enable
    2. set password
    3. lock after 1 minute
    03-16-11 12:30 PM
    you can set a password on the device options > security > password
    1. enable
    2. set password
    3. lock after 1 minute
    Yes, that works, but then I have to type a password every time I go to unlock my phone. I'm just trying to avoid fat-fingering the touchscreen every time I remove my phone from its holster.
    03-16-11 12:58 PM
    lockplus is a great app.
    no typing. it is a paid app, tho.

you just press and hold the desired button (back key) for the length of time you set in options.
    03-16-11 01:22 PM
    Yes, that works, but then I have to type a password every time I go to unlock my phone. I'm just trying to avoid fat-fingering the touchscreen every time I remove my phone from its holster.
    hold the phone by the sides, not the screen when removing it from the holster?
    03-18-11 11:14 AM
    Ok, seriously, I'm not stupid!

Yes, holding the phone by the sides would work... and so would removing the battery, then inserting it into the holster. Then I could remove the phone, reinsert the battery, power it on, and wait 5 minutes for it to boot! Sheesh!!

Like I said, as I slide my phone out of the holster the VERY SENSITIVE touch-screen inadvertently comes in contact with A) a finger, B) the holster itself, C) my clothing... whatever.

So, again, I'm looking for a solution that would prevent the phone from automatically unlocking itself as it's removed from the holster.

It would appear that there is none.
    03-18-11 11:20 AM

Yes, holding the phone by the sides would work... and so would removing the battery, then inserting it into the holster. Then I could remove the phone, reinsert the battery, power it on, and wait 5 minutes for it to boot! Sheesh!!

Like I said, as I slide my phone out of the holster the VERY SENSITIVE touch-screen inadvertently comes in contact with A) a finger, B) the holster itself, C) my clothing... whatever.

So, again, I'm looking for a solution that would prevent the phone from automatically unlocking itself as it's removed from the holster.

PatternLock App - BlackBerry App World - PatternLock Lite

i have several holsters, and fat fingers, and have never had trouble with removing the phone from the holster, and dialing anything.

try the app out though, might solve the issue...
    03-18-11 11:26 AM

I had the same problem until I purchased a Seidio Innocase Surface combo holster. The case protects the phone and the holster design is such that removing it keeps my hands from inadvertently unlocking it.
    03-18-11 11:56 AM

how high is your sensitivity set? maybe you could set it a little lower?
    03-18-11 11:52 PM
    Patternlock is your solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 12:03 AM
    One more vote for PatternLock. Solved the same issue for me. Now my fat fingers are no issue at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 09:16 AM
    I have the same problem and frustration. I tried several options:

* A theme with no sliding tabs. Not bad, but not foolproof.
    * Empty the "downloads" tab, and keep that as the "home" screen. Good luck.
    * BerrySlider, and it works, but it's a bit of a pain in that you have to slide the lock even to make a phone call. Paid app. Interfaces well with BEPopUp (same company)
    03-19-11 10:42 AM
    Thank you for the solutions! I have this problem too =/
    03-21-11 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD