hello,

I am new to crackberry but not to blackberry. I have the 9530 storm through verizon and i called verizon and they unlocked the phone for me as i am a student here in St kitts. Here the carrier is LIME wireless and when i put the new sim card in i can make and receive both calls and texts. However here are the problems:

1. I just get notification of a missed call but i cant see who it is.
    2. When verizon gave me my unlock code my browser icon is gone, so i have no way of getting on the internet.
    3. I cant get my "gprs" to switch to Upper case

PLease help.. ARE THESE ISSUES FROM THE VERIZON CODE?
    09-13-09 11:04 AM
    Does LIME offer the Blackberry data plan? The issues you are mentioning are common in an unlocked device not running on BIS. If they offer it, I would suggest adding it, and try following the instructions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

I don't know if the AT&T service books will do the trick, but the networks are similar, so it may work.
    09-13-09 11:17 AM
    thanks for your quick response... Lime did say i was on the BIS... and as far as that link goes u sent me i have a mac.. so it doesnt seem to work... Would the code that verizon have given me done something to my phone to make it lose the internet.. as opposed to a code from say uniquephones.com?
    09-13-09 11:36 AM
    IF you are in fact on BIS, try logging into LIME's BIS site and sending your service books to your device from there.

The Verizon unlock code hasn't done anything untowards to your device, it just isn't configured properly for data.
    09-13-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD