I bought a blackberry 8520 (curve) on ebay it was unlocked but when got it it needed a password which the seller would not respond to so I tried 10 attempts until everything was erased.. Then I had to unlock the phone again... it displays AT&T and has service bars but will not let me send texts or make/ receive calls. I have
    -called AT&T
    -called t-mobile
    -made sure its not IT or whatever that was
    -inserted paper above the SIM

Any suggestions or advice??
    The phone is non returnable: (

THANKS !!
    06-16-10 05:19 PM
    Once the device is unlocked the hardware is always unlocked from my understanding so wiping or reloading a new OS would not matter. Do you have a proper data package set up on your account?
    06-16-10 05:21 PM
    Thats what I thought to, but when I looked on the sim card option the network was active and my research showed that that ment it was locked so i unlocked it. AT&T is calling me back later tonight what data package do i need? I am unsure of the one I currently have.
    06-16-10 05:28 PM
    You will need to make sure you have a BlackBerry Data Package on the line that it is active on.
    06-16-10 05:29 PM
    I called AT&T they said the data plan should not affect the voice part of the service and looked up a bunch of different things/troubleshooted. I'm downloading the software again hopefully that will do something.
    06-16-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD