Is it necessary to get your pin released when leaving a carrier and if so is there any other way of doing other then asking them to do it? Anything else that needs to be done when leaving a carrier ? Also best way to unlock?

thank you
    08-31-09 01:14 PM
    When I left my carrier I didn't need to do anything. The pin is special for that particular phone.
    08-31-09 01:59 PM
    Just call them and ask them to release your PIN.

You could get sneaky and call them and tell them you are going on a trip to Europe and ask for the unlock code. ATT will do this without any questions, depending on how long you have been with them. I'm not sure on Rogers policy.

Then just call the next day and ask for your pin to be released

Otherwise, you can pay for the unlocking through various services for like $20 or so. Either way, Rogers should release your PIN if you ask.
    08-31-09 02:01 PM
    for the unlocking i think rogers has a no no policy no matter what ...but for the PIN my question was basically why does it have to be unlocked and if it isnt what is the draw back ?
    08-31-09 02:06 PM
    If you don't release the PIN, you won't be able to register the phone with another networks BIS servers. You wouldn't be able to get their service books from what I understand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 02:40 PM
    If you don't release the PIN, you won't be able to register the phone with another networks BIS servers. You wouldn't be able to get their service books from what I understand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is that for sure ... because you were contradicted a few posts above?
    08-31-09 04:23 PM
    when you leave a carrier or sell your unlocked phone to someone else, its advised to always call your carrier first to make sure the PIN is released. if not, the other person will get an error when trying to register the PIN on their account and it will state thats its already registered to someone else. so, as a courtesy, just call to verify first that its clear. it may release on its own if you delete the PIN/IMEI from your BIS account but just to be sure, call and verify.
    09-01-09 12:31 AM
    it may release on its own if you delete the PIN/IMEI from your BIS account but just to be sure, call and verify.
    How would i go abut deleting PIM/IMEI form the BIS account?

And also would unlocking it release the PIN?
    09-02-09 11:04 AM
    bump ... really want an answer thank you
    09-03-09 02:18 PM
    Unlocking will not release your pin. All unlocking does is allow you to use the phone on any GSM network around the world
    09-03-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD