03-30-09 04:49 PM
33 12
tools
    So I was at Steak and Shake tonight and I was talking about my girlfriend, and wouldn't you know it.... right at the time I was venting the hardest to my friend, I look down to see that the phone had called her while it was in my pocket. Needless to say it didn't end well.

Which leads me to my question? Has anyone found a fix for the phone unlocking itself without being touched? I took it out of my pocket and locked it, and less than one minute later it unlocked on it's own. I've done multiple battery pulls like the other threads said, and nothings happened. Short of downloading an app, is there a way to solve it?

Thanks for the help (please don't flame, I swear I searched..... just didn't come across any solutions)

P.s. If I called RIM do you think they'd patch things up with the misses?
    03-29-09 02:21 AM
    sleeve/holster. problem solved.
    03-29-09 07:33 AM
    Yep, the sleeve works great. Puts my phone right to sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 07:56 AM
    What sleeves are you guys using? This seems to be a new problem people are starting to get...including me.
    03-29-09 07:01 PM
    The fact that you have put a password on your phone or put it in a sleeve for the phone to stop unlocking itself and calling someone is Bull**it

I look at my phone and sometimes I see it's unlocked in my pocket but I'm not sure its just my lock button hitting something when I sit down or while driving..

But regardless this issue should be fixed without having to buy an app or put my phone in it's own bubble
    Last edited by rinnr1; 03-29-09 at 07:14 PM.
    03-29-09 07:08 PM
    Update to a leaked Os. If the phone is locked you can only use the touchscreen if you press the lock button on the top, other then that the screen won't turn on.
    03-29-09 07:08 PM
    the new update solves the problems
    03-30-09 12:30 AM
    Actually the new update is when I noticed the problem. I tried the password thing, it was slightly annoying.... I guess I gotta suck it up and get a holster or something

however, I might try bbcrackmans 114 v3 hybrid and see if it's still around with that
    03-30-09 12:36 AM
    Wow, that really sucks!
    03-30-09 12:40 AM
    Wow. Bad luck. I've had my Storm just 2 weeks and haven't had that problem yet. Wish I could help.

03-30-09 12:49 AM
    I purchased the Storm sleeve from Verizon. It has the magnet that will put the phone to sleep while in it. I almost had the same situation happen a few times as well. I notice it helps battery life considerably as the screen isn't randomly turning on moving in your pocket.

Also as mentioned above, the leaked OS will just say "Push Lock Button to Use" if you push the screen or call buttons.
    03-30-09 12:53 AM
    Ouch man. I bet your gf ripped you a new one

03-30-09 01:01 AM
    that sucks man, need to set up a password on it.
    03-30-09 01:06 AM
    Sorry to hear about what happened bro...

I had that problem a few times (without the consequences) when I had the .75 O.S....I haven't had any probs with it since I upgraded to .113 though...
    03-30-09 01:26 AM
    maybe your phone did you a favor.
    03-30-09 11:34 AM
    Password man. Works wonders

03-30-09 11:35 AM
    Ha that's great

03-30-09 11:36 AM
    Actually. Passwords can cause problems too

03-30-09 11:40 AM
    password or sleeve.
    I have to use a password as part of my BES profile.

But, if you were venting about her, and she heard it all...maybe it saved a lot of future pain - the break up will be temporary and will fix what was wrong, or it wasn't a relationship that was meant to be.

Either way - I wish you the best of luck.
    03-30-09 11:52 AM
    Maybe! ... and +1 for passwords ...
    03-30-09 11:56 AM
    Ouch I totally understand as this has happened to me as well. Though fortunately I have never pocket dialed my girlfriend at the exact time I was venting about her. That's just bad luck!

The obvious answer would be to put a password on it but my fear would be to reset the phone back to defaults by too many unsucessful attempts. So I guess a sleeve would be the best option

03-30-09 12:01 PM
    So I was at Steak and Shake tonight and I was talking about my girlfriend, and wouldn't you know it.... right at the time I was venting the hardest to my friend, I look down to see that the phone had called her while it was in my pocket. Needless to say it didn't end well.

Which leads me to my question? Has anyone found a fix for the phone unlocking itself without being touched? I took it out of my pocket and locked it, and less than one minute later it unlocked on it's own. I've done multiple battery pulls like the other threads said, and nothings happened. Short of downloading an app, is there a way to solve it?

Thanks for the help (please don't flame, I swear I searched..... just didn't come across any solutions)

am curious but just what were you saying about the misses lol
    03-30-09 12:02 PM
    Hilarious absolutely hilarious!
    03-30-09 12:07 PM
    Please post pics of the ex.

Im using the 113/114 hybrid, havent had the phone unlock problem, yet.
    Its been a little of a hassle to unlock the screen when in a hurry.

Good luck, with both issues.
    03-30-09 12:22 PM
    The fact that you have put a password on your phone or put it in a sleeve for the phone to stop unlocking itself and calling someone is Bull**it

I look at my phone and sometimes I see it's unlocked in my pocket but I'm not sure its just my lock button hitting something when I sit down or while driving..

But regardless this issue should be fixed without having to buy an app or put my phone in it's own bubble
    Well, just consider the fact that if you toss your phone in your pocket, there's a good chance something will hit that unlock button. Simple solutions... Maybe put it in pocket bottom-first, lock phone using password, put it in a holster that will put it to sleep, or, if you're unable to live with any of those solutions, might be time for you to get a flip phone
    03-30-09 01:01 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD