hi crackberry nation,

i bought a curve 8900 used last week. i tried to unlock the phone. everytime i enter the unlock code it says "code accepted" then the phone just freezes. it does that everytime. i always have to reboot and when i do the phone is not unlocked.. can someone help me please because it is driving me to drink... thank you in advance
    12-29-09 09:37 PM
    Used phone... could be the main reason someone sold the phone.

First, use DM to backup the phone if possible... that is if you have anything on it you really need... next, download and install an OS version on your PC... next, download and install CrackMem on your PC (the link is below in my signature)... start CrackMem, select the OS version, verify it, click the Wipe button... this will Wipe your device and load the OS... you will need to go through all the start up procedures on the device, but it's pretty easy... next you might need to resend your service books... after that you should have a fully functioning device.
    12-30-09 06:40 AM
    well what your main problem is is that you bought a used phone *****. never buy **** used from a ******. common sence fool

now fat boy why do you have a kitten as your display picture? you love *****?

love j-rod
    12-30-09 08:31 PM
    thank you for your help.. i will try it and let you know how it goes...
    12-30-09 10:58 PM
    as for you JROD.. you're obviously an airhead... i probably know a lot more about blackberries than you ever will... you're probably a first time user who has a hand me down curve 83xx... ive been a bb user even b4 you were in diapers.. so take a chill pill and take your cat fetish somewhere else... btw i use my storm 2 as my everyday phone moron...
    12-30-09 11:01 PM
    I'm having the same issue with a Blackberry i'm trying to unlock and I have already wiped the device as instructed previously.

Has anybody been able to fix this ?
    01-20-10 06:59 PM
    I'm having the same problem too. I got a tmobile blackberry curve and have att sim card, i got an unlock code too but when i put it in, it says code accepted but the phone freezes and i have to restart it. i did the wiping thing but it didn't help.

What should i do?
    02-14-10 06:19 PM
    It's a hardware issue and requires the device be exchanged under the 1 year warranty.
    02-14-10 07:12 PM
    what if the phone was only used for 2 months before i got it. is there any way to fix it without exchanging it?
    02-14-10 08:32 PM
    Nope no one has pinpointed the exact hardware issue.
    02-14-10 09:42 PM
    go to nearest blackberry store, whether they can fix this issue.
    04-05-12 06:34 PM
    Carrier is absolutely right. This was an issue with some of the 8900's when they came out and was never resolved. Only option is to get it replaced under warranty, but at this point in 2012 when the phone was made a few years back you're likely SOL.

Sorry
    04-08-12 11:58 AM
    I've heard of them being able to be unlocked with software
    04-08-12 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD