please could somebody help - i have a code from mobile phone unlockers to unlock my Pearl 8120 but i cannot get to the personalisation screen

i did it once before i received the code to make sure it would work and established that the phne was indeed locked (to Orange), but now i have the code and ready to give it a go i cannot reveal the personalisation screen when I type in MEPD

im frightened if Im doing something wrong and I try too many times it might permenantly lock it or something

please could some blackberry techie help - many thanks
    04-26-11 03:33 AM
    try restarting the phone and follow the steps again for opening the personalization screen. For further help you can always count on our 24/7 customer support.
    04-27-11 08:12 AM
    Try putting in another sim to ensure it's still locked. After that try typeing in MEPD in capital letters. it may help
    04-27-11 07:09 PM
    please could somebody help - i have a code from mobile phone unlockers to unlock my Pearl 8120 but i cannot get to the personalisation screen

i did it once before i received the code to make sure it would work and established that the phne was indeed locked (to Orange), but now i have the code and ready to give it a go i cannot reveal the personalisation screen when I type in MEPD

im frightened if Im doing something wrong and I try too many times it might permenantly lock it or something

please could some blackberry techie help - many thanks
    Remember that the 8120 has 2 letters per key, you will need to press twice on the P to get a P so you will actually be typing MEPPD.
    04-27-11 11:35 PM
    ^very good! didn't think about that!! thath will probably do it
    04-30-11 09:11 PM
    Sometimes it can get a little tricky
    05-03-11 04:10 PM
    Yes it can! after so many emails/issues we decided to just make video's for all our phones haha. cut down on those emails by 10 fold!
    05-05-11 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD