I am not posting how to unlock your BB, nor am I recommending any particular service. I had read some posts about unlocking your phone for international use and one made reference to eBay as a source. I logged into eBay, searched "unlock+code+blackberry" and then used the filter to search from lowest to highest price. Lo and behold, I found a seller that charges $1.49 for an unlock code. My only thought was, "If this is a scam, I've only lost $1,49!" So, I ordered the item, shortly thereafter received an email request for my IMEI number and was told that within 24 hours I would have my code. As promised, in 24 hours I received an email containing my code and a link for instructions. I followed the instructions, entered my code and, in less than five minutes, had a fully unlocked, functional Blackberry and I am currently using it in Costa Rica. My model is a 7280 which was locked to AT&T and I am running v4.0.2.56 software. I hope this helped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ticomacho; 11-28-09 at 01:33 PM.
    11-28-09 01:31 PM
    Some are weary as using eBay because they are not as trusted as having a store front.
    11-28-09 04:10 PM
    I don't know what all the fuss is about. I walked into a Verizon Corp store today and asked about unlocking. They said it's simple, the instructions are provided by the Global Services group under these conditions:

1) You own your device
    2) Have been a registered Verizon Wireless customer for more than 60 days.
    3) Your account is not in arrears.

if that's the case, they unlock your phone and give you the instructions to set it up for use with other SIMS. It's that simple. Can't do it in the stores but via an 800 number.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I walked into a Verizon Corp store today and asked about unlocking. They said it's simple, the instructions are provided by the Global Services group under these conditions:

1) You own your device
    2) Have been a registered Verizon Wireless customer for more than 60 days.
    3) Your account is not in arrears.

if that's the case, they unlock your phone and give you the instructions to set it up for use with other SIMS. It's that simple. Can't do it in the stores but via an 800 number.

12-01-09 07:50 PM
    thats awesome!!! Just unlocked mine in about 5 mins over the phone!! (for free)

note - you will need to call from a seperate phone than the one you are unlocking

Thanks to the OP and jlsparks for providing the number
    12-01-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD