hi i purchased an unlocked tmobile bb pearl 8100 that works on our gsm network perfectly... however, (am i baffled by this) i activated my blackberry service with the same network that the gsm service is on. but apparently when i took the phone to the carrier the data settings on the hset are locked to tmobile and will not allow the new bberry service... does this make any sense?
    12-11-08 09:41 PM
    You mean the PIN is still registered to Tmobile? If that's the case, you need to have the previous owner release the PIN.
    12-11-08 09:49 PM
    thank you so much for this advice! i will try asap
    12-11-08 09:53 PM
    I use an unlocked T-Mobile Pearl on ATT. I had to manually program the data settings. My pin worked fine on T-Mobile and ATT. I unlocked it myself, no pin issues. You will need Digicells settings to program into the phone.
    12-11-08 11:54 PM
    Thanks! Manual settings? I may need some help with this! how do i do this on the pearl 8100...??
    12-12-08 06:42 PM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP. There are 3 settings in TCP. APN, Username for APN & Password for APN.

I found these settings with a google search.
    Gprs settings for all digicel phones are the same
    IP address 172.16.7.12
    username wapuser
    password wap03jam
    APN wap.digiceljamaica.com

Are you in Jamaica??
    12-12-08 08:34 PM
    Did it work? Help?
    12-13-08 11:17 PM
    Did it work? Help?
    Thanks! No I'm in Trinidad and it did not work! Also I am on TSTT Bmobile network and the best sites on the net can't seem to get any settings info for TSTT Blackberry service... wow!

The device is unlocked so i can use it on either Digicel or TSTT's Bmobile....

Any Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 07:05 AM
    Im not familiar with TSTT. Do they have a data network? You are gonnahave to get those settings from them.
    12-15-08 09:41 AM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP. There are 3 settings in TCP. APN, Username for APN & Password for APN.

I found these settings with a google search.
    Gprs settings for all digicel phones are the same
    IP address 172.16.7.12
    username wapuser
    password wap03jam
    APN wap.digiceljamaica.com

Are you in Jamaica??
    I am having the same problem. I got a vodafone 8100 and am using it on Digicel in Jamaica. I entered the TCP settings above. I don't know where to enter the IP address (if I need to enter this).

Once I have done this can I just get Digicel to enable Blackberry service and then I should be okay?
    02-11-09 12:12 AM
    ne1 know how to get the APN info for vodafone.pt??
    Last edited by mangol; 03-09-09 at 10:46 AM.
    03-09-09 09:50 AM
    what about if i am in Trinidad?? i'm using Digicel but they are saying that the phone is data locked and needs to be untied from the away network. i don't know exactly where the phone was purchased.. Please help............
    01-16-10 10:59 PM
    I have the same problem you do, also from Trinidad. Have you made any progress?
    01-26-10 02:59 PM
    You may have to load the service books manually for your provider on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 05:38 PM
    You can call the carrier the phone was originally locked to and ask them to release the PIN. There are quite a few cases where they oblige. Some will just ask you to call RIM. I would just call back and try again. Good Luck!
    01-26-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD