Does anyone know how to set a password for Blackberry Pearl 3G so that you have to enter the password to unlock the handset? I have found the password enable to set a password for when the phone is turned on but cannot find the option to set one for entering when simply unlocking the handset!!

Can anyone help please?!?!
    03-09-11 07:45 AM
    I have a password that i can enable or disable that will lock handset after a time set in the password section. Found in 'options>password'.
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but good luck.
    03-12-11 12:02 PM
    i m not sure about the pearl specifically.. sometimes u have to click save after u say 'password on'. then go back in and it'll ask for password.

just a guess........
    03-14-11 12:36 PM
    I just downloaded an app from the Blackberry App test center called "Blackberry Protect". It's really simple to use. Just go to Blackberry Protect.

First, you use your Blackberry ID to login after downloading the app.

Under "Protect Your Data", you will see "Lock your device". Click on "Lock Your Device" to set a password to lock your phone.

After that, each time before using the phone or after turning your phone on it will ask for the password before unlocking the phone.

Hope this helps
    03-14-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD