Hi, I recently upgraded from OS 4.6 > OS 5 and I can't unlock my phone by pressing *A + Call button anymore. Is there a new way to unlock the phone other than pressing the lock button at the top? Also, when I press the Lock button at the top it doesn't lock the phone it just puts it on standby which is kind of annoying, is there anyway I can change this? I know you can kind of change it by adding a password but typing a password every time I want to use my blackberry gets annoying and tedious.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks!!
    06-19-10 03:31 PM
    The top left button not only puts the phone on standby, but it also looks the keypad as-well. So what type of device locking are you looking for specifically?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 05:42 PM
    the full phone lock like in os 4.6
    06-19-10 11:45 PM
    I'm having that problem too..
    Previously, I was able to press the lock button and my screen would stay on, showing me the little lock symbol in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I was able to press any button to make it come back on, making it much easier to check the time etc. I rather liked being able to press *A + Talk Button to unlock my phone.. Is there a way to get this back? in options somewhere?
    Last edited by Seburn13; 06-24-10 at 03:57 AM.
    06-24-10 03:53 AM
    the full phone lock like in os 4.6
    As of now the top left will only lock keyboard and put the phone on standby for all the newer 5.0 os's that have come out. The only way to see owner info when locking, is to create a password lock, as for the padlock, it's gone. Hope that helps.
    06-24-10 03:10 PM
    As of now the top left will only lock keyboard and put the phone on standby for all the newer 5.0 os's that have come out. The only way to see owner info when locking, is to create a password lock, as for the padlock, it's gone. Hope that helps.
    o that sucks but thx anyways
    06-26-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD