Hello my fellow Crackberrians,

I've never unlocked any of my AT&T BlackBerry devices I've owned but am thinking about it since the code is pretty cheap to find on the Internet. My question is if I unlock my AT&T Z10 will I be able to bypass waiting for AT&T to release said OS update and get it via BlackBerry Link or OTA when an official BlackBerry OS is available?

Thanks a bunch in advance

Flicked from my Ever Amazing Z10
    07-31-14 10:23 PM
    An unlock does nothing to help you in the OS department. There's a big difference between unlocking your carrier purchased device and purchasing an OEM, non-carrier branded, unlocked device. No matter what you do to your device, it will always be 'designated' to AT&T in several different ways. If you're in a different region while using a different SIM card, it will offer up the OS for that region but if you're just hoping an unlock while still using AT&T will affect it, it won't.
    thelink74 likes this.
    07-31-14 10:29 PM
    I bought my q10 from Koodo(Canada) and I unlocked it online. I am using it with T-Mobile simcard in Poland now, I get the updates when T-Mobile PL rolls them out but I still have my Koodo card so if I don't want to wait too long for updates I put Koodo card inside and I get the update from Canada. I updated my BlackBerry once via BlackBerry Link so I don't know how fast the updates are available there but I guess it depends on the region.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 10:33 PM
    An unlock does nothing to help you in the OS department. There's a big difference between unlocking your carrier purchased device and purchasing an OEM, non-carrier branded, unlocked device. No matter what you do to your device, it will always be 'designated' to AT&T in several different ways.
    Bla1ze, what say you about the Verizon BB10 phones? Are they factory unlocked?

Not that it matters vis a vis OS updates. They don't get them any sooner, or any more easily.

Quite the master of ninja edits.
    07-31-14 10:38 PM