I'd like to unlock my BOLD 9700 on Orange since I'll be going abroad for a few weeks.
    1. Can I get this done through ORANGE?
    2. Does unlocking reset phone to factory settings and wipe all my information?

ANy help would be appreciated

Cheers
    M
    03-28-10 12:47 PM
    check your PM box. I can solve your problem within a couple of minutes
    BR

datastore
    03-28-10 04:39 PM
    I'd like to unlock my BOLD 9700 on Orange since I'll be going abroad for a few weeks.

Cheers
    M
    1. It can be just call them and find out what the requirements are and if you qualify for them. If not we can help you.

2. Unlocking just releases the carrier restriction. It is not a device wipe.
    03-28-10 09:12 PM

Cheers
    M
    We'll be glad to help you unlock your Blackberry if you still need to.
    03-30-10 12:37 AM
    If you still suffered from unlocking your 9700 bold, then try this...
    Phone MUST be restarted to use the new SIM card. 1) Power on 2) Go to Settings 3) Go to Options 4) Go to Advanced Options 5) Go to Sim Card 6) HOLD ALT and press: mep2 (Please note that you will NOT see what you type on the screen) 7) It will ask you for the unlock code. Enter it and then press trackball to confirm and your phone is unlocked!
    04-01-10 04:49 AM
    Orange may or may not get you the code for free but they're worth a try.

If you use an unlock code you shouldn't have to wipe or reinstall your OS unless you have one of the VERY rare cases of getting some sort of error.

Let us know if you need any help unlocking your Blackberry!
    04-01-10 09:36 AM

Cheers
    M
    Unlocking will not reset the phone or affect any features on the phone.
    04-01-10 10:13 AM
    Thanks for the replies.
    Im wondering how those of you who are not in the UK can unlock my Blackberry which is registered with Orange uk??
    04-03-10 05:38 AM
    Thanks for the replies.
    Im wondering how those of you who are not in the UK can unlock my Blackberry which is registered with Orange uk??
    That's why their called Remote Unlocking By Code. Doesn't require us or you to be face to face.
    04-03-10 09:34 AM
    Exactly! Thats the beauty of it. We send you a numerical code and instructions that you input yourself. Its a very simple process!
    04-03-10 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the replies.
    We have access to all codes regardless of the carrier the phone came from. We only need to know Model/Provider/Country and we're able to generate the unlock code for your phone.
    04-03-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD