Hey all, I am on Telus network. I purchased a new Roger's BB 9800 today thru a classified ad and successfully unlocked it.

I used BBSAK to wipe the device.

I then downloaded the most up to date Telus Torch 9800 Software Pkg and installed on this BBerry.

I did not delete the vendor.xml file (I assumed the Telus would re-write over the Rogers one)

I was wondering whenever I restart the 9800, I still get a Rogers Banner.

I was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of this and thought the process I did would "rebrand" this 9800 as a Telus not Rogers Bberry.

I don't have any of the rogers apps ect that came pre loaded on phone but was curious if I am going to have any further issues.

I was just thinking that since I wiped phone (got the error 507) and reloaded the Telus branded software it would re-write everything.

Anyways, just want to make sure I have the right services books ect and the phone rang fine while sync my BES, so I am assuming all good.

Any other tips or comments welcomed.

Thanks
    07-10-11 11:19 PM
    No, you won't be able to get rid of the Rogers splash screen. It's there forever.
    You won't have any of those Rogers applications because they're pushed to your device when you're to their network.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 07-10-11 at 11:41 PM.
    07-10-11 11:38 PM
    Make sure it registers on the network if not go to options-device-advanced- host routing table .. register now ..
    07-11-11 12:01 PM
    I worked on your question and concluded that you aren't registered...
    Agree with freethisberrydotcom....
    07-12-11 12:02 PM
    I worked on your question and concluded that you aren't registered...
    Agree with freethisberrydotcom....
    What?

Yes the phone has to be registered, but the OP is asking if he can remove the Rogers banner

OP: Yes you have the right service books but it is a VERY VERY DIFFICULT process to remove the Rogers banner from the phone so nobody does it. You need software only commercially available (that we have) but its honestly not worth it. Close your eyes when you power it up so you don't have to look at it LOL

Sorry, thats the only feasible solution
    07-12-11 09:22 PM
    I think if you just "live" with the banner it will make your life easier than fighting it...
    07-13-11 06:36 AM
    I think if you just "live" with the banner it will make your life easier than fighting it...
    Sometimes that solution is indeed the easiest. You can fight it and fight it but just accepting the fact will save you a lot of time and pain going forward.
    07-14-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD