Ok so yesterday i got my new unlocked Blackberry Storm (running AT&T Service)

The phone works great, all i had to do was follow the guide to add the service books for the browser and mms and all is working perfect! my email is up and running, EDGE is showing, in other words the phone is working prefectly! Im actually surprised at the speed this phone has! (I already owned and Iphone 3G and 3GS which IMO are great phones!)

My questions is the following:

the Storm is running on 4.7.0.75 (yes i know sucks but it came that) and i want to upgrade to the latest software (non-5.0 at least not till the official 5.0 update is realeased)..my question is which is the latest software to run on a 9530? is it 4.7.0167??(keep in mind i run AT&T) i just dont want to lose my browser and or mms or email capabilities just cause i am upgrading to a newer OS and my phone is unlocked.

my next question is will the latest software update have the better keyboard on portrait mode? any advice as to what i should be doing regarding updating to a new OS....any links to the the OS would be great (official OS please too scared to run leaks)
    10-08-09 10:31 AM
    if your talking about a official release its .148 i believe on the verizon website. .167 is still considered a *leak* version. last time i checked. correct me if im wrong.
    10-08-09 11:02 AM
    if your talking about a official release its .148 i believe on the verizon website. .167 is still considered a *leak* version. last time i checked. correct me if im wrong.
    Ok good so if I go the verizon site and download the OS will I have to put the att service books back in again? Or will I retain everything as I have it now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 04:11 PM
    U will have to reload just the service books everything else will b backed up, and if ur gonna load a new OS load 5.0.0.230 best OS to date plus the new BBM works awesome on it aswell, browser is super fast on 5.0 also

10-08-09 04:53 PM
    Use blackberry.net as your tcp/ip settings and u should b good to go

And yes there is a portrait qwerty keyboard

10-08-09 04:55 PM
    im affraid to go to the 5.0 since is a leaked version! but i heard good things about the 5.0....ill give it a shot tho...any write up on how to go about downloading the leaked 5.0 OS
    10-08-09 06:05 PM
    167 improves on the keyboard accuracy so much. I'm an unlocked user on AT&T also. I tried 5.0 and went back to 167. Give it a try!

10-08-09 08:37 PM
    yeah agreed .167 is great for GSM users. just download the OS from the OS discussion forums and install. then go to program files-common files-research in motion-apploader-loader.exe and follow instructions. pretty straight forward.

and yes everytime you change your OS you HAVE to load back up the service books.
    10-09-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD