howdy all - i was given to me a curve 8330, and it seems to work but a window pops up and says, un-lock, emergency call, or cancel... is that what 'locked' means? i thought it had something to do with the carrier it was programmed to... i guess my first question is how do i get past that window... it was my buddies ex-wifes and only she know's the password i guess, and i'm not calling her!

thanks to anybody with any help, cheers.
    04-19-11 11:06 PM
    As in your other thread, no one is going to help you with a stolen device.
    04-20-11 06:01 AM
    well as a matter of fact through pm'ing i've gotten 3 or 4 helpful steps to get it done just in the last 10 or 15 minutes... thanks anyway there chet. my bet is i have it done by the end of the week.

and who said it was stolen anyways?
    04-20-11 11:17 PM
    Well, you are an id1ot then. The 8330 cannot be "unlocked". It's a CDMA only device, chet.

And what you described in your OP is a password PASSWORD which cannot be bypassed without wiping the device.

And you were the one who said that it was a device that was owned by someone other than you.

Buh-bye.
    04-21-11 06:10 AM
    @above

No need of arguing with him, leave him on his own.
    04-21-11 11:00 AM
    why am i an id1ot? because i didn't know that a curve 8330 is cdma not gsm? yeah thats information that everybody should know by common sense. did you know that the primary clutch weights from a 1999 scrambler 400 can't be used on a sport 400 of the same year, even though its the same clutch assembly? i guess not, cause your not an atv geek like me, you're a blackberry geek (which is the coolest thing in the world i assume then). i guess by your logic i can call you an id1ot then. hope you never crawl out of your geek-basement and get into anything cool, cause i'll be there to point out what a m0r0n you are.... can't believe i'm wasting time getting into a pissing match with some loser powling the 'crackberry' forums looking to up his self image... (sorry to the good folk who have helped me, but listen to these comments, can you blame me?)

anyways, anybody with some actual grown-up type advice would be appreciated, sounds to me and my tiny non-geek brain that cdma devises are locked to their original provider and thats it and since i have to go with telus, i guess this phone is a no-go. thanks and cheers.
    04-21-11 09:18 PM
    woops, i spelled devices wrong, now my buddy has something to do tonight. my oldest son and i are doing over/under bet on how long it takes him to come up with a 'comeback'. this is kind of fun in a sadistic way, reminds me of high-school. (its just so easy to get sucked in, isn't it?)
    04-21-11 09:22 PM
    why am i an id1ot? because i didn't know that a curve 8330 is cdma not gsm? yeah thats information that everybody should know by common sense. did you know that the primary clutch weights from a 1999 scrambler 400 can't be used on a sport 400 of the same year, even though its the same clutch assembly? i guess not, cause your not an atv geek like me, you're a blackberry geek (which is the coolest thing in the world i assume then). i guess by your logic i can call you an id1ot then. hope you never crawl out of your geek-basement and get into anything cool, cause i'll be there to point out what a m0r0n you are.... can't believe i'm wasting time getting into a pissing match with some loser powling the 'crackberry' forums looking to up his self image... (sorry to the good folk who have helped me, but listen to these comments, can you blame me?)

anyways, anybody with some actual grown-up type advice would be appreciated, sounds to me and my tiny non-geek brain that cdma devises are locked to their original provider and thats it and since i have to go with telus, i guess this phone is a no-go. thanks and cheers.

Yeah sorry you can't unlock that. You are stuck on the current network. Blackberry's that have sim card slots in them are the only ones that can be unlocked if you get any blackberry in the future feel free to pm me and i can answer any questions.
    04-22-11 01:41 PM

the only stupid question is not asking at all haha. anything else you run into please let us know!
    04-27-11 07:59 PM
    howdy all - i was given to me a curve 8330, and it seems to work but a window pops up and says, un-lock, emergency call, or cancel... is that what 'locked' means? i thought it had something to do with the carrier it was programmed to... i guess my first question is how do i get past that window... it was my buddies ex-wifes and only she know's the password i guess, and i'm not calling her!

thanks to anybody with any help, cheers.
    As mentioned above, the 8330 is a CDMA device only and can't be unlocked to be used with GSM providers. In order to be able to use a CDMA phone from one provider to another, you would need to get it flashed and that provider would have to be willing to register the ESN in their database, which most don't.

Let us know if you ever get a GSM Blackberry and need help unlocking it
    04-27-11 11:17 PM
    If you dont know the password the only option is to have your device wiped up that means major data loss. but since you got the device from someone that wont be a big issue for you
    10-27-11 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD