Hey all. I've got an 83xx. I've got the unlock code, but no matter what set of instructions I follow to unlock the device, I can't get the "Enter Network MEP" prompt to appear. Nothing happens when I enter MEPD, MEPE, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there another method for entering the unlock code?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    06-06-09 01:45 PM
    When you enter MEPD on the Sim Card screen, you're not even getting the status of the network you mean? Or you're not getting the window to input your unlock code?
    06-06-09 03:10 PM
    Go to options > advanced options > SIM card
    Type MEPD (you will see nothing)
    then type MEP > then ALT then 2
    06-06-09 04:09 PM
    the same is happening to me, bought 2 on ebay, and no prompt when typing in MEPD. I thought it was the first one I received it was defective, but the second one also. Gonna read your thread. Hope to unlock my two storms 9550
    07-29-10 12:42 AM
    no I dont get anything, I bought 2 on ebay and no prompt. what can I do?
    07-29-10 12:43 AM
    Go to options > advanced options > SIM card
    Type MEPD (you will see nothing)
    then type MEP > then ALT then 2
    I tried this on my 2 storms but it did not work. What can I do.
    07-29-10 12:44 AM
    Hey all. I've got an 83xx. I've got the unlock code, but no matter what set of instructions I follow to unlock the device, I can't get the "Enter Network MEP" prompt to appear. Nothing happens when I enter MEPD, MEPE, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there another method for entering the unlock code?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    What does it actually say when you type MEPD?
    07-30-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD