1. Pliny's Avatar
    I'm new to the Blackberry world and purchased a Blackberry Bold 9000 from AT&T yesterday. I went through the tutorials and set up the phone and one e-mail account and my e-mails were appearing on the BB.

    Later in the day I unlocked the phone after purchasing an unlock code. Everything seemed to be working but this morning there a no e-mail messages on the BB but over 20 were received via Outlook when I started my PC this morning.

    Is there some setting that needs to be adjusted on the BB or on the BB Serves to account for the unlocked phone?

    Or did unlocking the BB destroy the ability to receive e-mails?

    Thanks for any help!
    02-06-09 08:11 AM
  2. tra444's Avatar
    Did you try a battery pull?

    If that doesn't work, try resending the service books and see if that helps.
    02-06-09 08:52 AM
  3. Pliny's Avatar
    After speaking with three AT&T tech support persons it appears the problem was finally fixed but they can't tell me what happened or why it finally started working. They were following their standard trouble shooting protocols and resent the Service Books and did some other "things" at their end.

    Apparently the problem was the not the unlock procedure but some sort of delay in getting responses from the Verizon servers that just happened at the same time of my unlocking procedure. I'm always suspicious of these coincidences and believe there was another problem that they did not reveal.

    But all is well at the moment and I'm glad the e-mails are arriving promptly!

    Thanks for the recommendation about resending the Service Books. I did that but it may not have worked when I did it.
    02-06-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD