I called them on Saturday, 3:30 PM. They said they would send a conformation e-mail within 24 hours and I haven't gotten one, and I haven't gotten the code yet, which they said could take up to seven days, any ideas of what could be wrong? Did they send you a conformation? How long did it take for you to get your code? Me and my friend are trading my extra iPhone for his mytouch and I called to unlock the phone and gave them my e-mail.
    02-22-10 08:11 PM
    Both my gf and I call and requested codes (different accounts) 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten anything.
    02-22-10 08:16 PM
    Both my gf and I call and requested codes (different accounts) 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten anything.
    Looks like they're taking a long time for unlock codes, I'm giving it until next monday and then using cellunlocknet, They have a 50% off, or $10 dollar thing going now, either way it comes out to $10 bucks.
    02-22-10 08:26 PM
    I just called a CSR and she gave me a code over the phone.
    02-22-10 09:51 PM
    Hmm, I will wait per their specific instructions to you. However, I just got mine within 24 hours.
    02-22-10 10:11 PM
    Sometimes they can take longer for some codes. People that don't want to wait can always use 3rd party unlockers such as ourselves and eliminate the waiting time.
    02-23-10 11:54 PM
    Sometimes they can take longer for some codes. People that don't want to wait can always use 3rd party unlockers such as ourselves and eliminate the waiting time.
    Waiting for a code that you do not have to pay for > paying for one
    02-24-10 02:36 PM
    Waiting for a code that you do not have to pay for > paying for one
    Absolutely agree, no need to pay if you can wait and get it for free, but some customers for example travel the following morning and need an unlocked phone in order to use it when they get to destination, so they don't mind paying instead of waiting.

That's why it always better to call your provider when you get a chance to get the code, and not wait to the last minute

Also Canadian carriers example will never give the code like US carriers.
    02-24-10 02:41 PM
    If T-Mobile cannot generate the unlock code for your unit in house, they have to contact RIM for the unlock code. It is for that reason that some users get their unlock codes quickly, while it takes a longer period of time for other customers.
    02-24-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD