I have a few Nextel Blackberry 7100i Phones and I want to use them on Nextel Mexico . Do these handsets need to be unlocked or are they Factory unlocked already If they do need to be unlocked how do I get them Unlocked????

Thank you,
    02-03-10 10:32 PM
    Nextel devices cannot be unlocked.
    02-03-10 11:55 PM
    Most Nextel "i" Series and "ic" Series devices CAN be Unlocked by software and cable but they can not be unlocked by imei / codes.

I'm am not to familiar with the Iden Blackberries but im sure there has to be a way

Thank You
    02-04-10 12:37 AM
    You should maybe try one first and if not, then you would probably need to have it flashed/programmed.
    02-04-10 12:52 AM
    You should maybe try one first and if not, then you would probably need to have it flashed/programmed.

1.) By "try one" do you mean order a code? Do offer Nextel codes?

2.) Even if I reflashed the handset the Network Lock would still be active in the handset.

Thank You
    02-04-10 12:58 AM
    Yes we meant did you try to get one to work with Nextel in Mexico, you might not need to unlock it.
    02-04-10 03:45 AM
    YES, Nextel can be unlocked. The only reason there is to unlock it would be to use the Boost Sim card which is Nextel's pre-paid service. As Nextel is IDEN technology the Sim slot will not work with GSM. All Nextels will work with nextel services worldwide, there is no reason to unlock if you will be using Nextel service in Mexico or any other country it is available in.

Your friends at unlocking.com
    02-05-10 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD