#1 I have the 9630 and looking into unlocking it, i have 3 att sims but i just cut the service a few days ago. They have to be active to work in a unlocked phone right? Also if so would a pay as you go plan sim card work?

#2 if i had a att sim in the unlocked phone i could not use the Verizon 1xev unless i took out the sim right?
    08-04-09 06:04 PM
    1. just leave the phone stock and call up verizon global support. they will unlock it for free if you have been a customer with them for 6 months no questions asked. Just leave the original sim in the phone. No need to mess with anything.

2. I believe that is correct. If you are using that sim, you will be using that service.

Someone else feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but number one is correct.
    08-04-09 06:16 PM
    You would need an active sim, yes. Any active sim will work, that's the catch: it must be active.

If you're using the sim, you're turning off the cdma radio and using the gsm radio instead. In the case of att, you'd be using edge instead of evdo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 06:27 PM
    #1 I have the 9630 and looking into unlocking it, i have 3 att sims but i just cut the service a few days ago. They have to be active to work in a unlocked phone right? Also if so would a pay as you go plan sim card work?

#2 if i had a att sim in the unlocked phone i could not use the Verizon 1xev unless i took out the sim right?
    #1-The AT&T Sims need to be active in order to work, a prepaid/pay as you go would work in an Unlocked Blackberry Tour 9630

#2-Even if the AT&T SIM is in the phone, you can use Verizon's 1xev by going to Options/Mobile Network and changing Technology to 1xev. You don't need to have the Verizon SIM card in the phone in order to use Verizon service, That's only meant for when you travel if you decide you want to use Verizon and roam.
    08-04-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD