Hey. I just got a blackberry bold 9000 and so far I think it is wonderful. Actually my dad's friend gave it to me for free (he signed up w/ at&t for it and then didnt get any signal w/ at&t so he left the contract and they said they couldnt return the phone so he gave it to me). ANYWAY...when I put my sim card into the blackberry it says "SIM not provisioned:2 " and it says SOS above wifi where signal bars are supposed to be. How do I fix this? Is there a way I can unlock my blackberry? "By the way I am on AT&T but do not want to pay for the full blackberry plan"...thanks in advance guys..great forums u have here btw.
    05-01-09 03:30 PM
    hmmm, sounds hot to me, but AT&T can fix it.
    05-01-09 04:34 PM
    Did you get the error message when you tried your AT&T sim? Go to menu - options - advanced options - sim card - Type MEPD (you won't see the text as you type) - IF all the listed options says DISABLED, then the phone is unlocked!

To unlock it if it is locked, get your dad's friend to talk to AT&T and tell them like you are going abroad and you need the unlock code. They might give the unlock code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 05:20 PM
    I'd call att and tell them you have a blackberry bold from att and want to unlock it because your going to travel to europe. Ask them for the unlock code.... VERY POLITELY. I've learned that the more polite you are to customer care reps, the more helpful they are to you.

Anyway, then they will ask you for your imei and pin. Hit left alt+left symbol+H to pull up this info. And they will send you an email with the unlock code and instructions on how to unlock your phone.

This works for tmobile. I don't know about att. But I thought that I'd share.

05-01-09 05:23 PM
    If you are on at&t you shouldn't need to unlock the phone. If you're getting a message that says "SIM Not Provisioned" that means that your sim card is dead...
    05-01-09 05:37 PM
    Hey guys...never mind I didnt need to unlock it . But now I have a new problem. Does anyone know how I can set up an email account on my Bold? It only allows me to set up a Blackberry Enterprise account. By the way, my provider does not know I have a blackberry (b/c I do not want to pay 40 dollars each month)...and I would much rather not let them know I do. Thank you.
    05-01-09 06:33 PM
    You can't set up e-mail unless you have a BIS or BES data plan, as far as I know.

05-01-09 06:37 PM
    Get the BB plan, kid.
    05-01-09 06:49 PM
    But I can't! ...damnnn..I might have to go back to my iPhone. Anyway, thanks for everything.
    05-01-09 07:02 PM
    If the phone is an ATT phone, and you want to use it on ATT then there is no need to 'unlock' it at this time. An ATT branded phone on ATT service works just fine.

At a later time ask ATT to give you the unlock code, say you are going to do travel overseas.

If you want more than just a phone then you need a Blackberry (email), or (email and an internet plan to get both).

If the phone was originally set up by ATT for another customer, your fathers friend, then he has to ask ATT to unlock the provisioning so that you can get your own provisioning. It is like a secret lock that every BB phone has so that someone can not steal your service (provisioning = ownership).

After you purchase the ATT service, if you have problems setting up your phone get technical support from ATT. That is what you pay for.
    05-01-09 07:27 PM
    Yeah but we can not tell AT&T we have a blackberry they will start charging me. Anyway, is there anyway to setup a Blackberry Enterprise account using gmail?
    05-01-09 07:55 PM
    Just so you know, AT&T will not just start charging you to use your BB, However, as soon as your sim card is put into the phone, AT&T knows. You can use it without a plan, but then it's just a plain phone.
    05-02-09 08:42 AM
    Yeah but we can not tell AT&T we have a blackberry they will start charging me. Anyway, is there anyway to setup a Blackberry Enterprise account using gmail?
    Blackberry and ATT are two different companies.

Blackberry service travels over a toll road that is provided by ATT.

ATT is one of many companies that provide the toll roads.

Unless you purchase a toll pass from ATT, the gate keeper will not let you go through.
    05-02-09 09:58 AM
    Lol? Why would you get a Bold or an iPhone for that matter,
    without a data pla?

Waste of money imho.

05-02-09 01:57 PM
    and with iphone att requires the data plan anyway.
    05-02-09 02:04 PM
    I HAVE the data plan for the iPhone. I have EDGE which is on my SIM card. So on the blackberry I have EDGE, but do not get Email because it only allows me to use BB Enterprise. Is there an application I can download from thsi site or another site which can replace email? Also...how do I use icons??
    05-02-09 11:26 PM
    I HAVE the data plan for the iPhone. I have EDGE which is on my SIM card. So on the blackberry I have EDGE, but do not get Email because it only allows me to use BB Enterprise. Is there an application I can download from thsi site or another site which can replace email? Also...how do I use icons??
    If you say that you have BB Enterprise (BES), it seems like you bought the Bold used from someone that had a BES plan. No, there is no application, you would need to remove the IT policy and get a BIS plan. You need at least a BIS plan for most e-mail, period. How do you use icons? Well, icons are shortcuts for applications/programs that are installed on your Blackberry. They are just like the icons on your computer. You click on them when you want to use whatever the shortcut is for.

Chris
    05-02-09 11:37 PM
    If you say that you have BB Enterprise (BES), it seems like you bought the Bold used from someone that had a BES plan. No, there is no application, you would need to remove the IT policy and get a BIS plan. You need at least a BIS plan for most e-mail, period. How do you use icons? Well, icons are shortcuts for applications/programs that are installed on your Blackberry. They are just like the icons on your computer. You click on them when you want to use whatever the shortcut is for.

Chris
    Oh I get it now! Thanks. I have a few more questions left :P:

1) How much is the BIS Plan?

2) How do I install more applications?

3) Is there any application for mail that I can just download from somewhere else?

Thanks in advance guys. You guys are awesome and have been helping me the most out of the 3 other forums I have posted at .
    05-03-09 11:06 AM
    Lol? Why would you get a Bold or an iPhone for that matter,
    without a data pla?

Waste of money imho.

One word: BrickBreaker
    05-03-09 11:09 AM
    1) How much is the BIS Plan?
    2) How do I install more applications?
    3) Is there any application for mail that I can just
    In the US you can use ATT or TMobile. Compare their voice plans and the BB addon for your need. Call their customer service to get the best plan without contract.
    After you have the phone loaded go to the home screen of Crackberry.com for free and paid programs to down load. To get your email sent through the Blackberry service (BIS) the ATT or TM plan will take care of that.If you want a phone then use it as a phone. If you want it as a email and or wireless internet device then buy the service. WiFi connection is an option but to get all the features whenever where ever you are then you must pay for the service.
    05-03-09 12:12 PM
    In the US you can use ATT or TMobile. Compare their voice plans and the BB addon for your need. Call their customer service to get the best plan without contract.
    After you have the phone loaded go to the home screen of Crackberry.com for free and paid programs to down load. To get your email sent through the Blackberry service (BIS) the ATT or TM plan will take care of that.If you want a phone then use it as a phone. If you want it as a email and or wireless internet device then buy the service. WiFi connection is an option but to get all the features whenever where ever you are then you must pay for the service.
    Well I don't know what plan you are talking about? I currently already have the Data Plan which allows me to have unlimited text messages and EDGE internet everywhere. So can I still use the email? What are some applications I can dowload for free? Is there anyway I can get "Cracked Apps" like I used to for iPhone?
    05-03-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD