1. CFD323's Avatar
    I'm new to this unlocking thing but from what I understand, I can buy a phone and then unlock it, which will allow me to use it on whatever cell provider I have correct? If I'm wrong, let me know.

    If the above is correct then I need some more help...

    Like I said I have US Cellular and they are not releasing the Curve 8330 til sometime in June. Well I want the phone now so I was wondering can I buy an 8330 now, unlock it, and turn it on using my USCC service now?
    And if I can, then....
    1. Where can I get an 8330? Can I buy one from Alltell or Verizon? Or does it have to be an outside company?
    2. How do I unlock it? What does it cost?
    3. How do I get it connected to USCC's service since they don't have the 8330's out yet?
    4. If all this works, will the phone function the same as a USCC branded 8330 that comes out next month?

    Thank you very much for any info you can give me.
    05-06-08 08:49 PM
  2. sunkast's Avatar
    Unlocking a phone only applies to GSM networks. Unlocking enables the user to put any carrier's SIM card into their phone. CDMA phones, like the 8330, do not have a SIM card. Therefore they cannot be unlocked.
    05-06-08 09:06 PM
  3. CFD323's Avatar

    Ok, thanks for the help.
    05-06-08 09:07 PM