So I purchased my 3rd bb about a month ago, and I have loved them all, but the one thing I always envy from the touchscreens is how they unlock there phone with sliding there finger across the screen, now since the 8530 is not a touch screen, has anyone heard of an app where you can just slide the trackpad? or maybe someone would think about making one? (if its even possible) others please post your thoughts on if you like this idea or not. Just another thought, is since you might have a chance of unlocking your phone in your pocket if you jsut do a horizontal slide, maybe add a horizontal slide, then a vertical? just a couple thoughts.
    06-24-10 12:10 AM
    I haven't seen an app like that but to be honest with you if you find a paid app I wouldn't buy it. Its quicker to unlock just pushing the media button on top and if you use a password like I do a sliding unlock screen is pointless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 01:50 AM
    I've never really heard of any "unlocking' app. But your idea is pretty good.
    06-24-10 01:57 PM
    Ya, I don't know if it would be considered an application, but didn't know how else to word it.

06-24-10 04:04 PM
    Application or add-on? Or mod? Whatever you call it, it'd be a good thing to have on your 8530/20.

06-24-10 07:24 PM
    I have yet to purchase an app, but I probably would buy that. Not that hitting *-phone is hard or anything, but that would just be pretty cool!

06-25-10 12:36 AM
    Thanks for the great feedback! does anyone that actually knows how a phone works be able to answer if we could ever get something like this? I feel it would be possible to make, but then again, what do I know.
    06-30-10 12:27 AM
    I could've sworn that I saw one or an idea for one a while back reading through the forums, basically to unock your phone you would "swipe" your trackball from left to right and it would display on a "bar" type image on the screen and would unlock it, but the for the life of me I can't remember what it was called
    06-30-10 09:36 AM
    When I got my 8530 (it was used) the person before me had an app that did this. But when I upgraded my os I couldn't find it again. I've searched everywhere. I loved it too. Sucks I can't remember what it was called.

08-28-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD