I have a fairly new (about 4 months) 9700 on Telus I wanted to unlock. Before trying to get an unlock code, I went through the unlocking process described on this forum to see how it would work. When I typed in 'mepd' the screen that appeared shows SIM, Network, Network Subset and Corporate as 'Disabled' and Service Provider as 'Active'. Does this mean that the new phone Telus gave me is already unlocked? This doesn't seem likely to be their policy! Thanks.
    09-18-10 10:47 PM
    I believe service provider active means it is locked.
    09-18-10 11:07 PM
    Seemed too good to be true - thanks
    09-18-10 11:08 PM
    I have a fairly new (about 4 months) 9700 on Telus I wanted to unlock. Before trying to get an unlock code, I went through the unlocking process described on this forum to see how it would work. When I typed in 'mepd' the screen that appeared shows SIM, Network, Network Subset and Corporate as 'Disabled' and Service Provider as 'Active'. Does this mean that the new phone Telus gave me is already unlocked? This doesn't seem likely to be their policy! Thanks.
    It is locked. Telus requires a SP or Service Provider Unlock Code. Let us know we can get it for you in minutes.
    09-18-10 11:59 PM
    As stated it is locked, telus does have the dual lock on, but easily unlockable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 12:01 AM
    I looked at the guide cellunlocknet had posted more closely - and I see my question was already answered. Thanks for the responses. I've asked Telus for the unlock code - if they don't come through guess I'll be a cellunlocknet or carrierunlock customer.
    09-19-10 12:10 AM
    I looked at the guide cellunlocknet had posted more closely - and I see my question was already answered. Thanks for the responses. I've asked Telus for the unlock code - if they don't come through guess I'll be a cellunlocknet or carrierunlock customer.
    Telus won't give it to you, they will charge you $75 for it.
    09-19-10 10:58 AM
    Unfortunately us Canadians get screwed by each of our carriers. None of them provide free unlock codes like the ones in the US.

Let us know if you need any help unlocking it!
    09-19-10 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD