is this possible? if so what do i need to do?
    11-07-11 11:10 AM
    If you want to unlock your Blackberry Bold 9650 from Verizon to use with other carriers then you will need the unlock code for your Blackberry Verizon Bold device.

You can use any online service for Blackberry unlocking to get the unlock code, there are instant services which send the unlock code to your email and it's very easy to use.. all we need to unlock your Blackberry is the IMEI number of your Blackberry, the carrier (Verizon) and the device model.

The unlock code is used to remove the sim lock from your Blackberry, the sim lock is making the device get signal only with the carrier it's branded with (in your case it's a Bold 9650 from Verizon and while it's locked it can be used only with Verizon. after you use Blackberry unlocking the unlocked device will be free for use with any gsm carrier worldwide including At&t)

After you got your Blackberry Bold 9650 unlocked you need to dial ##000000 to get into the CDMA settings menu where you can edit the phone number of your Blackberry - change the old CDMA phone number to the phone number you are using with your unlocked blackberry...
    11-07-11 04:18 PM
    There is no SIM card on the BB bold for Verizon. It cannot be used on AT&T.

And the Thunder rolls!
    11-07-11 04:34 PM
    AT&T is GSM. Verizon is CDMA. No way can you do this

And the Thunder rolls!
    11-07-11 04:37 PM
    Jude, the 9650 is a Quad Band device. It has both GSM and CDMA radios.

It can, in fact, be unlocked and used on AT&T. It will only get EDGE, however, and no 3G.
    11-07-11 04:52 PM
    There is no SIM card on the BB bold for Verizon. It cannot be used on AT&T.

And the Thunder rolls!
    AT&T is GSM. Verizon is CDMA. No way can you do this

And the Thunder rolls!
    Set Your Location

BlackBerry Bold™ 9650 smartphone

Global Ready
    Customers must activate pre–installed SIM Card and a Global Service plan or feature to enable roaming outside of the U.S. in GSM and UMTS Network.

International Roaming (CDMA) is available on all Verizon Wireless devices and does not require an activated SIM Card. (Global Data Plan or Feature is suggested)

GSM data capable in more than 205 countries, over 125 with 3G Speeds with a Global Data Plan or Feature and an active SIM Card
    The 9650 can be used on Att and Tmobile. You will only ever get EDGE though.

OP, Follow these directions, it does say for the Storm, but will work the same for the 9650. What you need is the service books...
    11-07-11 04:56 PM
    It is a global device. For use outside the US

And the Thunder rolls!
    11-07-11 05:20 PM
    And that costs extra.
    And the Thunder rolls!
    11-07-11 05:20 PM
    You need a unlock code to do so, either purchased or from your carrier.
    11-08-11 10:12 PM
    Wrong again. Unfortunately.

The device has band that will work on GSM in the US and Canada as well.
    11-08-11 11:56 PM
    It the 850 GSM band will work when the unit is switched to GSM/2G in mobile network options under manage connections once unlocked.
    11-09-11 10:29 AM
    Yes you can and will work on AT&T's 2G EDGE network only.
    11-10-11 12:09 PM
    hi, my name is Asim. I need to unlock my bb bold 9650 it's imei is 353750.04.397279.6 verizon
    03-11-13 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD