Bought a BB8800 today and im new to unlocked phones and to Blackberry as a whole so its making this process very difficult. First off it is not recognizing the 4gig sim card which is in the phone. Im sure the previous person wiped it. To make sure it wasnt the card i put it into my computer and it recognized it just fine.

To make sure the phone was unlocked

go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.

At that screen type MEPD on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.

Next to SIM it reads disabled. Good correct?

Im assuming since the card is not linked to a carrier this is why its not reading.

Now to be honest 1 hour ago i did not have a clue how to get this thing setup onto sprint (previous was ATAT). This is what i have collected so far.

I need to go to my carriers BIS site and register the phone. Problem is when i put in the PIN from the phone to register it tells me that the phone isnt recognized with sprint.

Spitballing here. Do i need to send service books? What steps do i need to take to get this thing working. If anyone can help me that has some patience i would greatly appreciate it.
    09-21-09 07:09 PM
    Update. When info entered on sprints BIS i get this message.

Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.
    Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches
    the one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

I Followed the instructions and my phone says Registation message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available.

And then................? Where did i derail.
    09-21-09 08:39 PM
    The seller informed me the phone would work with sprint but after more research sprint doenst use SIM cards so its not on a BSE network. Is this info still valid? Im sure one person can help me verify SOMETHING on here.
    09-21-09 11:07 PM