Hey Guys,

I just bought a blackberry 9700 code from unlock2go and I'm having issues. When I go to the SIM page, and type MEPD, the Network comes up as Disabled. What does that mean? I've tried the sim card in my friend's BB and the network comes up as Available for him. So when I type (alt)MEP2, the MEP box does not appear.

When I load a new SIM card in, it gives me the invalid MEP message and asks if I want to punch it in. I select yes, but no box appears. Any ideas?

I'm with Telus Mobility in Canada and I'm currently in Hong Kong and need it for work.

Thanks,
    Joey
    11-23-09 10:10 AM
    It almost sounds like it is unlocked, have you got the MEP4 code? Telus 9700's only use a MEP4.
    11-23-09 11:13 AM
    Hey Guys,

I just bought a blackberry 9700 code from unlock2go and I'm having issues. When I go to the SIM page, and type MEPD, the Network comes up as Disabled. What does that mean? I've tried the sim card in my friend's BB and the network comes up as Available for him. So when I type (alt)MEP2, the MEP box does not appear.

When I load a new SIM card in, it gives me the invalid MEP message and asks if I want to punch it in. I select yes, but no box appears. Any ideas?

I'm with Telus Mobility in Canada and I'm currently in Hong Kong and need it for work.

Thanks,
    Joey
    Telus 9700 does not have a Network Lock..it only has the Service Provider Lock so you would need to type mep {alt} 4 and then you will be able to enter the code.

If the code is correct then you will see "Code Accepted" and the Service Provider will change from Active to Disabled
    11-23-09 09:15 PM
    Now that I have successfully unlocked my mobile and the Network states "Disabled". And everything is working fine - I might add, BUT, does the currier provider (i.e. Vodafone) know now that I've done a sneaky thing to the mobile?
    Anyone got any ideas, or am I OK?
    Cheers
    07-11-11 06:34 AM
    Now that I have successfully unlocked my mobile and the Network states "Disabled". And everything is working fine - I might add, BUT, does the currier provider (i.e. Vodafone) know now that I've done a sneaky thing to the mobile?
    Cheers
    Your phone is unlocked. Vodafone has no way of knowing you unlocked your phone and even if they do it's 100% legal to unlock your phone.
    07-13-11 04:54 PM
    Cheers
    Well, you only used a service to unlock your Blackberry by MEP code, it's nothing wrong that you have done.

First of all by the law - Unlocking Blackberry device is 100% Legal!
    you can read about it on Wikipedia here: SIM lock
    And, this is YOUR Blackberry device - you have paid for it, you can sell it, unlock it, use it... all legal if you pay for your calls and use the device as regular.

So you are fine.
    07-13-11 09:38 PM
    Plus DOES NOT VOID your warranty ...
    07-13-11 10:13 PM
    Plus DOES NOT VOID your warranty ...
    I think folks forget this fact many times and it scares them off from trying go ahead and get their phone unlocked...
    07-14-11 09:37 AM
    Absolutely, unlocking your phone by code will never void the warranty, opening it will
    07-16-11 05:50 PM
    Agree with cellunlocknet...
    07-17-11 10:25 AM
    Cheers
    Lol you make it sound so dirty hahaha
    07-17-11 10:25 PM
    People need to know that it's 100% Legal to unlock your phone
    07-18-11 06:29 PM
    Agreed. Sent out my 9700 to RIM and they did not mention anything about the unlock.
    07-19-11 10:19 AM
    You can actually call RIM to inquire about unlocking your phone and they will point you to unlockers like us
    07-19-11 12:10 PM
    high five cellunlocknet ...
    07-19-11 01:59 PM
    hey guys i found a blackberry bold 9780 n um tryin to unlock it to giv it to my lil sis but the network is disabled n wen i try the mep2 nothing appears, so can anyone giv me a hand pliz thank you in advance!!!

martin
    05-14-12 10:50 PM
    is network and service provider is disabled, then it is already unlocked.
    05-15-12 03:38 PM
    hey guys i found a blackberry bold 9780 n um tryin to unlock it to giv it to my lil sis but the network is disabled n wen i try the mep2 nothing appears, so can anyone giv me a hand pliz thank you in advance!!!

martin
    Should be able to pop in a foreign sim and reboot it to get I to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-16-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD