i recently imported a bb storm 9530 from america to SOUTH AFRICA
    i think i need to unlock it?
    it is on verizon
    if i use any " * / # " Function it doesnt work , like checking ballance , sending pcm etc.
    plz help tanx
    04-11-11 12:48 PM
    You need to call VerizonWireless International support.. if you have a stock 9530, Verizon's International 1-800 number should be in your phonebook/contact list. They can assist you in the unlocking process for use outside of the US, or you could use one of the third-party services that charge a fee for giving you the unlock code with instructions.
    04-11-11 01:25 PM
    i recently imported a bb storm 9530 from america to SOUTH AFRICA
    i think i need to unlock it?
    it is on verizon
    if i use any " * / # " Function it doesnt work , like checking ballance , sending pcm etc.
    plz help tanx
    You will definately need to unlock it. Many of us here support the unlocking of this device.
    04-11-11 02:46 PM
    Another alternative for a free unlock code is berrymods.com. I did see a note that their message service is temporarily down due to a spam attack, but do not know if that is still the case. They also reference another unlock provider if their service is not available.
    04-11-11 06:02 PM
    You need to call VerizonWireless International support.. if you have a stock 9530, Verizon's International 1-800 number should be in your phonebook/contact list. They can assist you in the unlocking process for use outside of the US, or you could use one of the third-party services that charge a fee for giving you the unlock code with instructions.
    The OP is obviously not a Verizon customer. Thus Verizon will not provide Customer Service.
    04-11-11 08:36 PM
    You need to unlock it and then you can use it with a local sim card... not it's locked to verizon carrier but after you have unlocked it you can use it without any problem..

You can do Online blackberry unlocking and get it unlocked in a very short time if instant unlocking service is used so it's pretty easy and cheap to make this phone work..
    04-14-11 11:09 AM
    had the same prob bt i solved it like this:
    menu>manage connection>mobile ntw option>menu(option)>diagnostic test>menu>run...
    thats all, just go ahead and check ur balance. if it does not work at first remove ur battery and put back on it MUST work coz it works for me and my friends that had the same issue. best of luck
    04-19-11 06:46 PM
    No soliciting in the forum sway....
    05-19-11 09:49 AM
    To the OP, does *#06# work? Sometimes phones get messed up and even that doesn't work which may present an issue when it comes to unlocking. (although not necessarily)
    05-20-11 11:03 AM
    but usually it does.
    05-20-11 01:22 PM
    try verizon if they know your in a different country they'll be a lot more apt to giving you the code compared to you just wanting to use it on another carrier in the u.S.
    05-20-11 07:09 PM
    yes you can contact us for unlocking...
    07-09-11 11:26 AM
    We can definitely help you, so let us know
    07-09-11 11:54 PM
    I will be impressed if you are still struggling with this but please let us know if you need assistance...
    07-10-11 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD